black greasy residue on rims

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

93civicracer

Oh, I do a little here and there.
Is there a problem with my brakes or are they just dirty? It's on all four of my rims; hard to get off too.

Just go to Wal-Mart or some auto store or something and get some good cleaner. Some of the cleaners will have a protector in it, too. So after you finish cleaning them, it will be easier to clean off in the future because of the magic ingredients they put in their stuff to coat the rims.

It's called brake dust... it won't build up as fast if you don't brake as hard or if you get pads that are designed to put out less brake dust.

As for me, I don't really care. My Hawk HPS pads put out quite a bit of dust, I just let it build up, it doesn't really bother me.

Who needs brakes? That's what downshifting and handbrakes are for. And when all else fails, tuck and roll.

Who needs brakes? That's what downshifting and handbrakes are for. And when all else fails, tuck and roll.

Just downshift and bump into some old persons car and let them slow u down, or run into a snow bank, that works 2 :)

Whoa whoa whoa, you guys have brakes?......Shit, i better go get some or ill look like an idiot.

Just go to Wal-Mart or some auto store or something and get some good cleaner. Some of the cleaners will have a protector in it, too. So after you finish cleaning them, it will be easier to clean off in the future because of the magic ingredients they put in their stuff to coat the rims.

It's called brake dust... it won't build up as fast if you don't brake as hard or if you get pads that are designed to put out less brake dust.

As for me, I don't really care. My Hawk HPS pads put out quite a bit of dust, I just let it build up, it doesn't really bother me.

wow i love how none of the replies helped this poor guy at all.....lmao

Seems to me his question was answered. :shrug2:

Well, problem solved!!

Found a set of 15" GSR fat fives painted black, $50.00 for the whole set! They're even in great shape! I'm taking a little road trip tomorrow to pick them up then I'm going to save up for some decent tires and have them properly installed and balanced :).

Should be a more comfortable ride when I get these and a set of aftermarket suspension bushings all over cause it rides like shit right now.

Well, problem solved!!

Found a set of 15" GSR fat fives painted black, $50.00 for the whole set! They're even in great shape! I'm taking a little road trip tomorrow to pick them up then I'm going to save up for some decent tires and have them properly installed and balanced :).

Should be a more comfortable ride when I get these and a set of aftermarket suspension bushings all over cause it rides like shit right now.

wait what?? hows that fix anything? hahah:huh:

Fixes things because:

1. Can't see black greasy shit on a black rim :D
2. I've wanted GSR fat fives for some time now but couldn't find a set anywhere for less than $300 + shipping even in worse condition than this $50 set.

And this set is in pretty good shape, couple knicks in the spray paint but I'll prep and respray them with single stage auto paint. Also the tires are completely bald so I'm going to save up for some more Falkens. Just need some center caps and I'm good to go.

i woulda solved the black greasy shit problem from the source buuuut i guess theres more than one way to skin a cat so to speak haha

its brake dust.. gonna be there no matter what

mount this from the upper control arm with the blue end down should help eliminate the break dust problem.
Cleaning_Duster.jpg

Fixes things because:

1. Can't see black greasy shit on a black rim :D
2. I've wanted GSR fat fives for some time now but couldn't find a set anywhere for less than $300 + shipping even in worse condition than this $50 set.

And this set is in pretty good shape, couple knicks in the spray paint but I'll prep and respray them with single stage auto paint. Also the tires are completely bald so I'm going to save up for some more Falkens. Just need some center caps and I'm good to go.

single stage auto paint ftw!

Back