Black Ops 2

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Yeah, on the camo screen you hit R1 or whatever it's called on Xbox to scroll over to another screen, and there will be options to add your clan tag and emblem. You have to prestige the weapon once to add your clan tag, and then prestige it again to add the emblem.

I truly enjoy winning round after round of Free-for-All with a stock class. I mean, I think I'm only level 11 or so, but the level of customization people use to compensate for shitty game play is mind-boggling. I don't even think I'm overly good, but when you get the drop on me, with a crazy modded gun, I shouldn't be able to turn and kill you.

you're probably the fastest connection so you're hosting the game
if you're only at level 11 and don't know the maps or the spawns, then you're either playing some chumps or you're the game host/best connection

I'm not so sure that the host has advantage anymore. The "lag compensation" that everybody talks about is misunderstood by most people. It doesn't actually throttle anyone's internet connection down, so having a fast connection is still an advantage.

In MW3 though, sometimes I'd be doing great for several games, and then all the sudden I can't do shit - I'd put full clips in to people without them dying and then have them turn around and put me down with one pop, and the kill cams would show me hardly firing at all and them unloading several bullets on me. So I back out of the game, and guess what? Host migration...

you're probably the fastest connection so you're hosting the game
if you're only at level 11 and don't know the maps or the spawns, then you're either playing some chumps or you're the game host/best connection
I'm not saying I don't get owned occasionally on the maps I don't know, but there are a few popular ones that I've learned. I also use ammo wisely, shoot in bursts to keep muzzle rise down, and don't try to kill someone by shooting them in the foot.

Definitely not the host though. I'm using a wireless connection that's on another floor on the other side of the house. Updates take forever.

I've hit gold on every SMG except the chicom. I only need 7 more bloodthirsts and 13 more double kills and then I should have the diamond camo for the SMG's.
The shitty part is I am about to prestige again, up to 2nd prestige level 55.
So if i prestige i lose the chicom until level 37, unless I use an unlock token to unlock it to finish the camo challenges. I also had the chicom up to level 14 for the select fire, but as soon as I hit level 16 i prestiged the gun so its back to burst fire to try and finish off the last challenges.

Is that how you get the diamond camos? By finishing all the challenges for an entire class of guns?

I've been playing a few rounds here and there. Still haven't had a cracked out night on it yet. Since Black Friday, I think I'm a Level 25. I'm beginning to hate the Bouncing Bettys though.

Usual BS with punks camping by spawn locations, but what are you going to do. The game changed, the players didn't. I still got to figure out how to mute everyone else's mic. People are annoying.

I've been playing a few rounds here and there. Still haven't had a cracked out night on it yet. Since Black Friday, I think I'm a Level 25. I'm beginning to hate the Bouncing Bettys though.

Usual BS with punks camping by spawn locations, but what are you going to do. The game changed, the players didn't. I still got to figure out how to mute everyone else's mic. People are annoying.

You can do it in game by hitting select to bring up the lobby list and then X I think when you highlight their name. You can do it in the lobby by going to the list, hitting X to open up someone's profile, and then hitting X on the mute option...

Rep for you sir. I had some incredibly annoying people on this morning. I wound up getting ready for work early because I couldn't take it anymore.

Now I want to go play it. Work sucks.

Rep for you sir. I had some incredibly annoying people on this morning. I wound up getting ready for work early because I couldn't take it anymore.

Now I want to go play it. Work sucks.
mute is essential, especially for the people that insist on blasting music, or having their speakers up way too loud that feedback into the mic.
yes, you unlock diamond by getting gold for every gun in a class.
still debating on using an unlock token on this pile of shit chicom, i will never use it again once i hit gold with it. i am usually the patient type, but if i don't unlock it then i have to wait until level 37 and i think my friend will have completed gold on his last 2 smg's and beat me to it. god damn you competitive spirit

you also unlock a new calling card for maxing out a weapon up to max level 2 prestige, and a calling card for getting gold camo, plus a calling card for getting both max prestige and gold camo lol

mute is essential, especially for the people that insist on blasting music, or having their speakers up way too loud that feedback into the mic.

Yeah, I've never understood the people that put their mics on and then blast rap music and never say anything. Why the fuck are you wearing a mic then???

still debating on using an unlock token on this pile of shit chicom, i will never use it again once i hit gold with it. i am usually the patient type, but if i don't unlock it then i have to wait until level 37 and i think my friend will have completed gold on his last 2 smg's and beat me to it. god damn you competitive spirit

If you're close to done with it, I'd probably just work on something else that you enjoy more until you hit 37 again. That's what I'd do anyway...

you also unlock a new calling card for maxing out a weapon up to max level 2 prestige, and a calling card for getting gold camo, plus a calling card for getting both max prestige and gold camo lol

Haha, yeah I noticed that.

Sometimes I wonder if I should troll Craigslist for a cheap Xbox just so I can play CoD with you all. Seems like a waste though when I have a PS3 already and I'd have to buy a Live subscription again...

I only switched over when PSN went down, and my cousin is on xbox so thats what I play now. Sucks that I pay for the live when PSN is free but I enjoy the "quality time" with family lol.
I ended up using a permanent unlock for the chicom and now I have diamond for the SMG's.
The chicom is quite an impressive gun with the reflex and select fire. I only get to use the diamond SMG's until i max them all out on prestige level 2 to unlock all the calling cards. Then i'm moving on to the assault rifles.
Its a shame because I think that SMG's are really dominant in this game, especially for FFA and run and gun style of play, the fun way to play lol.
I always found a decent rifle in the last 2 cod's. The commando and then the ACR, so lets see how going for diamond AR's works out for me. I'm an achievement whore, what can I say.

hardpoint is a pretty fun game type with good xp leveling to boot
i ran hardline along with UAV and counter UAV. hardline gets you the scorestreaks faster, and the UAV and CUAV each earn you more xp everytime a teammate gets a kill while they are in the air.
FFA is the best game type for headshots I have found, unless you like sitting in a corner waiting for people to run by to get that consistent headshot every time.

bloodthirst tip. run and gun until you get 3 kills. then lay low. the 4th kill will get you the UAV which will make picking up that 5th kill even easier without getting taken out right before you hit your goal.
the back double stairs on the carrier, and the low side on slums are my 2 best spots for picking up a bloodthirst streak. the middle of the map will keep you from your goal everytime unless you have dominant speed and are able to dodge bullets like the matrix (which happens sometimes, but not as much as the games that you empty a mag into someone and they still kill you)

Last edited:
So I found a setup that wrecks mofos. Tested it in League play and made it happen in regular matches.

Lightweight, Toughness, Extreme conditioning and Dexterity via Perk 3 Greed wildcard.
870 long barrel and laser sight
Kap40 akimbo'd up
No room for tactical or lethal

Rush the hell out of people! I went from never using the 870 to one camo away from having it gold in a day. And half that was using the Kap40 to max level it for the akimbo.

I like using either the M27 or the MSMC. The rest of my set ups are similar. Reflex sight and fast mag. Bouncing Betty and Shock Charge. Executioner as a secondary. Depending on the round I may change it up with 3 attachments on the primary, or carry 2 primaries.

Of course, a few rounds with the MK48 never hurt anyone either.

Still don't like having a shotgun or sniper as my primary though. I feel it limits the type of play. I like to run and gun and occasionally pick a few people of from windows too. I don't think I could just sit in a window for a whole round with a sniper. And the shotguns just don't have the range to be used on an entire level. You need to stay in close quarters.

Rushing is the ultimate run and gun. lol I cover the entire map in a life. I mostly play chaos moshpit anyway, but don't underestimate akimbo Kaps. They have some decent range. If I'm not playing chaos I have both those guns setup in a class. Or the Vector right now cause the MSMC is maxed on second prestige already.

I hear you on snipers, but I thoroughly enjoy counter sniping. If someone picks me off I change to it and looove pissing them off being better at it. Getting to hear them bitching for a second after is awesome. And not with a pussy semi auto. Bolt actions are where its at.

Oh, and I got used to both of those gun's iron sights. They're both pretty good and it frees up a slot for something more useful.

Rushing is the ultimate run and gun. lol I cover the entire map in a life. I mostly play chaos moshpit anyway, but don't underestimate akimbo Kaps. They have some decent range. If I'm not playing chaos I have both those guns setup in a class. Or the Vector right now cause the MSMC is maxed on second prestige already.

I hear you on snipers, but I thoroughly enjoy counter sniping. If someone picks me off I change to it and looove pissing them off being better at it. Getting to hear them bitching for a second after is awesome. And not with a pussy semi auto. Bolt actions are where its at.
I love taking out snipers and campers, but I don't counter-snipe. I usually sneak up behind them and either stab them, or get a cheap headshot.

Back