Black sut on tip of exhaust and rear bumper?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

If you clean it off and go for a short drive is it all over again? Black crap coming out can be carbon build up too, on valves and combustion chambers and the like. The normal bit is well...normal. If it builds really quick i suggest getting it looked at. Even another emissions test would tell you if its fuel or not. When i was E-tested i got really high NO2 readings, suggesting rich.

No, the shit builds up over time. A month or so and I've got a filthy bumper :). I'm going to have a compression test done as soon as I get this car back on the road.

I'm running 1-wire o2 sensor with the po8 ecu so that could have something to do with it, plus I took something off the intake manifold when I did the swap. There was something that didn't go on or something here's a picture:

Whatisthis.jpg

Anyone know what that is? I took it off. There's not even an electrical connector hanging around for it from the harness.

im 98 percent; rings or valve seats i had same exact prob i have a h22 in my ek and i have no emissions no egr and no cat no nothing running rich as shit never any soot. Your prob is oil blow by.

Back