black thing on the back of the block?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

b18c5crxtasy

what the hell is that plastic black box that connects to the block and has 2 vaccuum hoses coming off it? it is behind the bracket that hooks up to the block and the underside of the intake manifold. i have a 90-91 b18a1 ls motor. i want to get a new one and can't find part number or name of the actual part. it seems to me to be some sort of crankcase ventilation/recirculation dealy but dunno it's name.

thanks

I know what you're talking about, I can't remember the name for it though. I think it acts kind of like an oil catch can :shrug2: . Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong. Why are you replacing it? I've noticed mostly only VTEC motors have them. The b20 does not and I'm ASSuming the Ls does not either.

so it's not something that has to be squeeky clean.....unfortunately i have broken the plastic pegs that feed into it. are those pegs parts i can pick up at the auto store or is it a package with the breather canister?

You could probably get away with buying a couple "L" vaccum connections and using an epoxy to secure them on. Otherwise hit up a junk yard.

yeah they are a bitch to get to without taking off im and in a junkyard that sucks. found an acura dealer in carland, ga that sells acura parts pretty cheap they are like 2 bux each. it's got the whole dealer parts catalogue online with pics!

carland acura parts

and a good honda one from torrington connecticut:

torrington honda

Back