Black to white?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

tdg

I have a black 00 Si. I'm feelin the black, because I don't like the blue or red colors. However sometimes I wish I had a white car. Easier to clean, and has a cool look to it as well. (I know, the SiR came in white)
Has anyone experienced turning their black car into white? How hard is it to make it look good and how expensive would it be?
I really don't know much about paint, but I know that getting a car white is harder than other colors, probably even harder from black. But I don't know.
I'm not necessarily serious about doing it, I'm just curious.

Any color change is a pain in the ass. It really depends on if you care about the engine bay and door jamb colors (ie, if you want them painted too). Generally a GOOD paint job with a color change runs 2500 bucks, plus paint costs. At least, that's what the average is locally. Personally, if you're diggin the black... keep it, y0.

You could save money by not painting your engine bay because it is black. I think an engine bay looks good black rather than white. I knew a guy who go an 03 si painted championship white and he left his engine bay black. It looked good. But he paid 4400 to get one of the best shops around our area to do it. That included doorjambs and everything but the engine bay.

I wouldn't pull the motor for a paint job, but if the motor was already out, I'd jump on it.

My car was white, and I intentionally painted the bay black. Hides shit better, and cleans up better.

Switching colors isn't all that hard, but it might be time consuming for the body shop. And like everything, time=money.

a colour change is a very time consuming proces and depending on paint and prep work can run you 3500-5000 for a good job.

That's fucking crazy; well, I guess that puts that thought out of my head. Didn't think it would be quite that high.
Good thing I like my black as it is.

Back