black widow body kit install help needed

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

kevinsumo

HELP!!! black widow body kit 1990 CRX

I just recently bought a black widdow body kit for a 1990 CRX and was wondering if you put the body kit over the old body and how??? if not would you have to take off the old parts and in which case how would you install the body kit??

If possible reply with an AIM screen name so we can conntact each other

Last edited:
in before the lock.

Install them OVER the top of your stock bumpers and skirts...

You would install it by placing it on stands right by your car and running duct tape around the car about 20 times.

It's going to look like cheap trash anyway, so that's your best bet.

kids kids, no name calling.

if you have what looks to be a full bumper, you need to remove the entire stock bumper and add the new one. if you have a lip kit, it installs over top. most lowerend and even the ocassional high end kits require drilling holes for the kit.

Step 1.) Place ugly body kit back in it's box.

Step 2.) Return body kit to wherever you bought it from and get a refund.

Step 3.) Take money and spend it on a motor swap or suspension setup.

Step 4.) Enjoy not being clowned on for ruining a CRX with an ugly ass body kit.

unbolt the stock bumpers
save the hardware
mock up the new bumpers to the body mark the mounting holes
drill holes
use old hardware
bolt it up

with most kits you will need to grin and or fill spot to get the kit to fit the body
side skirts get riveted on or 2 side tape

CRXs are ugly as is, so I don't know how much worse they can really get.

Also, taking advice from someone who owns the reject generation of Civic SI's on what looks good on is a joke.

kevinsumo said:
Wow buddy ur car must look like complete SHIT if thats how u roll u fucking cunt licking redneck bitch

Way to go. Your about as cool as your car is gonna look. Kuddos MR. Park Pimp ^_^ I laughed my ass off.

don_radeon said:

Also, taking advice from someone who owns the reject generation of Civic SI's on what looks good on is a joke.

whoa! first off, you little shits just got on this board. you wanna talk trash right off the bat you might want to go ahead get the fuck out before you get banned. this isnt a forum for you to bash just because you can. If you have something constructive to add to the topic help him out. If not keep your useless ignorant comments to your self. keep shitting on peoples threads and you noobs will find out quick how to get banned

Taco15 said:
whoa! first off, you little shits just got on this board. you wanna talk trash right off the bat you might want to go ahead get the fuck out before you get banned. this isnt a forum for you to bash just because you can. If you have something constructive to add to the topic help him out. If not keep your useless ignorant comments to your self. keep shitting on peoples threads and you noobs will find out quick how to get banned

i agree if you aint got shit good to say get the fuck out

don_radeon said:

Which generation are you talking about? I hope not the 99-00. If there is a "reject generation" of Si's it would probably have to be the EP3 (no offense to EP3 owners).

But anyways, yeah dude, you take your stock bumpers and skirts off and then attach the body kit pieces with the existing hardware or drill new holes if necessary.

Did your kit not come with any kind of instructions?

Listen you little scumbag, who the hell are you talking shit too? LOL j/k :lol:

I LOVE my EP3 - although many people real honda guys seem not to like this SI. Guess you gotta own it to love it.

MXDesa said:
Listen you little scumbag, who the hell are you talking shit too? LOL j/k :lol:

I LOVE my EP3 - although many people real honda guys seem not to like this SI. Guess you gotta own it to love it.

I have driven one actually, and I really kind of liked it. I think that's true, all the people that are hating and saying it's crap have probably have never taken one for a drive.

But yeah, no offense man, lol...

Lol nah non taken. I love driving it, its a nice handling car, it could use a tad bit more power, but its more than enough to have a lot of fun on the right back roads.

Tjhis forum is for people that need help!
Not to post your fucking coments and opinions.

Taco15 said:

:mellow:

k. Sorry for defending someone who was getting flammed. MY BAD.

BrutalB83 said:
I have driven one actually, and I really kind of liked it. I think that's true, all the people that are hating and saying it's crap have probably have never taken one for a drive.

But yeah, no offense man, lol...

I've driven that gen a few times, not exactly what i'd consider the fatest Si, but it's got spunk.. just kinda disappointed me.

My friend put it over. the body, came out really nice won 3rd for stereo at HIN in orlando.

You CANNOT put a body kit over the existing bumpers. Its impossible. Unless your friend got a lip kit which is completely different.

Back