Black Widow II SE Wide Body for 89 CRX

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

pounder89

Finally come into the cash to put my project together!!! I recently saw the BW II WB and thought it was sweet. Has anyone undergone the install? I was wondering what kind of trouble I will be encountering. Also, I have an HF and am looking to order rims but have been told a different story when it comes to sizes. I was looking at 17" but have been told they just are to big. Any thoughts out there.

for a crx dont go bigger than 16, it looks like a monster truck, also with most wide body kids, depends on how they are contructed, you will want to mold them, so your looking at a hefty amount of cash for the BW kit then to get it professionally installed, trimmed, molded, then repaint your car. but it looks ill, trust me. if your getting widebody, you might wanna look at some 15-16 with a little bigger width to fill in those newly widened tire wells, you might have to do some trimming to the body in order to get this but it is worth it IMO.

We've installed two widebody kits here locally and yes, it was a pain in the butt IMHO. The front fenders were made to simply bolt on but the rear were constructed like "sheet metal" repair panels. We had to mold them in like someone else said. It was a time consuming process, but the end result looked great! Of course the car had to be taken elsewhere for the "finish" as we don't have a paint shop. I found that the hardest part was getting the area around the gas tank lid to fit and look "original". Just my 2 cents. Hope it helps. :D

yea those back panels are fuckin gay, youd think that kit manufacturers would get some brains and make something a little less pain in the ass. but you have to admit snyper, it looks sick when your done with the time, and cash consuming project.

Thanks for the info. I guess I am going to pull the car in bay for a few months and work like a dog. I think the work will pay off, and the money will be well worth it. Who knows, maybe it will be ready for spring in St. Louis.

Originally posted by pounder89@Nov 25 2003, 01:59 AM
Finally come into the cash to put my project together!!! I recently saw the BW II WB and thought it was sweet. Has anyone undergone the install? I was wondering what kind of trouble I will be encountering. Also, I have an HF and am looking to order rims but have been told a different story when it comes to sizes. I was looking at 17" but have been told they just are to big. Any thoughts out there.

With a wide body kit you're going to NEED at least 17" wheels. The car will look horrible if you use smaller wheels - you have to keep proportions in mind. I have 18" wheels on my wife's CRX with a good amount of lowering, so 17s will be NO problem. Keep in mind as well that you're either going to need less offset or a wider wheel to fill those wheel wells.

Brian

Back