Blackberry Pearl

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

totalburnout

VIP
Anyone own one?

I just bought one and am excited to see how it turns out.

Welp, this is just going to be an organizer and not an all out web browsing phone.

I should have went with T-mobile's deal and I would have had a $50.00 credit, but instead I renewed with AT&T/Cingular, expecting to pay $0.00 only to get the rebate form and find out that I need to purchase a blackberry unlimited plan of $30.00/month to be eligible for the rebate.

I guess its not bad having paid $100 for the phone. If I don't like it, I guess I'll ebay the phone and buy the Samsung d807 that I was going to purchase.

Yeah... Blackberrys REQUIRE a data plan, which sucks... I am using the Q on Verizon right now with no data plan, mainly just for its PDA features...

Here in NYC everybody is getting the iPhone . . . unlimited data plan, email, and web browsing FTW

i love my BB pearl. you dont need the data plan to use the phone unless you want your email and web.

tmobiles BB plan is only $20's

if you have any questions pm me and i will try to help.

iphone was a great purchase for me... Now with modding becoming more popular, it is becoming th elast phone i will ever need. On my iphone, i run nes roms, change the whole front layout of the phone, make my own ringtones and they are dreaming up a way to make it a video recorder. So all the features that used to lack... are coming through the aftermarket.

So hey you have already hacked the damn thing lol?

Is there any way to get an IPhone setup on a more reaonable plan than that offered by at&t? 2 year aggreements ftL

People have already hacked the activation process. So you do not have to extend your contract. I didnt do that because it wasnt available the day i received my phone. Apparently the chinese have a working iphone using a chinese service provider. The video is on you tube, sending a text and also making a call. You can also buy the iphone and activate the ipod and wifi only with no contract. So you can work your emails and such when on that wifi network, but i am sure they will find ways to advance it furthur.

So i guess it makes the most sense to wait untill its easy to unlock these phones, and buy them ready for any service provider . . .

Do they use SimCards or no?

Yea they have sim cards. When i go golfing, i take it out and put my sim card in my old razr. Once i put it back in the iphone, i just have to reactivate it through itunes. So it is a very simple process, just by using a paper clip.

Sim card vid
YouTube - How to change the SIM Card on the Apple iPhone

Hong Kong Unlocked
YouTube - iPhone unlocked at Hong Kong

Puerto Rico Unlocked (8 minutes)
This is the first time I have saw this, but he uses a Tmobile sim card and all features work... So I am sure this will happen soon.
YouTube - Functional Unlocked iPhone with Puerto Rico area code (787)

Yea they have sim cards. When i go golfing, i take it out and put my sim card in my old razr. Once i put it back in the iphone, i just have to reactivate it through itunes. So it is a very simple process, just by using a paper clip.

Sim card vid
YouTube - How to change the SIM Card on the Apple iPhone

Hong Kong Unlocked
YouTube - iPhone unlocked at Hong Kong

This is the first time I have saw this, but he uses a Tmobile sim card and all features work... So I am sure this will happen soon.

Thats what I will wait for then. Getting the Iphone to work on tmobil would be great.

no he didnt use a tmobile sim card he used his cingular card and his att card.

in europe tmobile gets the iphone. so I am searching to see if I can import one for tmobile . i wish it was for tmobile out in the states, I would love to own a iphone, but I dont like att service.

The only plan for the iphone sucks??? Unlimited Data for 20 bucks? Check out the blackberry planes. Much more expensive that that. I have never had a problem with cingulat/at&t. I have had nextel and it is terrible, I have had tmobile and phone choices suck and I have been off and on with Cingular for 5 years, and it has been a compleyely positive expierence. Now these do vary between markets, so I am sure cingular is not the same nationwide. But here i always get service, and their customer service is top notch :)

yeah the phone choices for tmobile kinda suck right now. and att is getting all the new and good phones, but all in all tmobile service>att service, and the BB plans for tmobile is 20 and for att its 30. and you cant beat the prices of tmobile service plans. and all my friends that have att hate the service and the price they have to pay for service.one other good thing att has is the rollover mintues.
and a friend of mine that has been switching between cingular and tmobile says that tmobile CS is way better than att's CS. and i have to agree, I get nothing but excellent service from tmobiles customer service, they go out of they way to make me happy

The only plan for the iphone sucks??? Unlimited Data for 20 bucks? Check out the blackberry planes. Much more expensive that that. I have never had a problem with cingulat/at&t. I have had nextel and it is terrible, I have had tmobile and phone choices suck and I have been off and on with Cingular for 5 years, and it has been a compleyely positive expierence. Now these do vary between markets, so I am sure cingular is not the same nationwide. But here i always get service, and their customer service is top notch :)

Wow i may be buying this very soon. As in this weekend.

Anybody know what the max speed is of the internet connection?

Back