Blackstar

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

claytonsmith

i just discovered Blackstar.. it's Mos Def & Talib kweli.... if you appreciate rap w/ intelligent lyrics.. give them a listen.. i think they've been around for a while...i dunno.. maybe i'm just way behind the times.... anyway.. anyone else like em?

-Clayton

Blackstar rocks. I've got a CD of theirs and a couple of MP3's as well. I definitely agree, anyone who says rap sucks should give them a listen.

agree'd, rap like that owns, not `die nigga die`im not even talking about just violent or gang lyrics, but people like talib kweli who write technical lyrics own.

thye are the shit!!! they arent (as a group) new. its their first cd together, but talib kweli has two cds out. self titled (i think) and then quality. their cds are the shit. check out aesop rock, atmosphere, eyedea, and little brother. *the first three are white guys*

Yea, i'm not really into the mainstream BS rap for obvious reasons, but I have heard a few songs from Talib and hes got skills. :thumbsup:

i agree..hip hop is my shit..and intelligent lyrics are a plus..if you like that..look into Tribe Called Quest, The Roots, and KRS-ONE..Mc's with educations..

oh for sure.... q-tip is the SHIT... i'm kinda agitated though.. i went to 2 "hip hop only" music stores here in Atlanta.. and i cant find the "blackstar" cd...it's out of print.. and no store has it.... blah.. hopefully i can find it eventually

-Clayton

can you list their most listened to songs, I have 56gay and can't be downloading tunes all day long, I am curious to listen..

gracias..

Originally posted by claytonsmith@Sep 14 2003, 10:10 AM
oh for sure.... q-tip is the SHIT... i'm kinda agitated though.. i went to 2 "hip hop only" music stores here in Atlanta.. and i cant find the "blackstar" cd...it's out of print.. and no store has it.... blah.. hopefully i can find it eventually

-Clayton

try half.com

definition
twice inna lifetime
thieves in the night

definition is my fav right now... but there are a few to get you started with that UBER fast connection you're sporting... my dorm has a t1.. and it's great
:D

Back