BLAH!!! to heart attacks...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

One Stop Customs

So, check this out, I am 26 years of age, male, as some of you may know. Well, Friday, I woke up at 5:00 with a racing heart beat and numb left arm, I was like w/e, I probably slept on my arm and my heart is beating like the african zulu nation dumb warriors bc of a lucid nitemare.

Well, to make it short, I went into the shower, and while washing my face and hair, I felt super short of breath, my heart was beating even faster and harder, I get out the shower bc I was like WTF. Told my mom, and they rushed me to the clinic. A few minutes before I get to the clinic my heart beat goes back to its regular beat. After the studies were made, Dr's found NOTHING!!! Dr said basically it was the begining of a heart attack, with the exception that the heart didn't stop.

Anyway, just want to let you guys know that doing 1000 things at once is a bitch. I think this happened bc of stress, but i am really not sure. I have to go back to the hospital for more exams and shit like that. Take care of yourselves guys, this shit is not fun and its no joke :(

Nacho
OSC

holy shit
glad to hear youre ok
time to start taking care of yourself man... 26 is WAYYYYYYYYY too fucking young to be having heart attacks

Damn dude, glad your alright. Hope it all works out for you. Best of luck to you.

i give myself till 23, you on the other hand probably should be having these issues.

You more than likely have SVT, Supraventricular Tachycardia. How do I know? I used to have it :)

It is very common, don't worry, get it checked out. There's a couple different kind, mechanical and electrical. I had electrical, basicall the path the the electrical impulses to your heart has an imperfection, and the pulses bounce off each other, sending the heart into tachycardia.

http://www.emedicine.com/ped/topic2534.htm

Originally posted by 92b16vx@Jul 17 2005, 11:24 AM
You more than likely have SVT, Supraventricular Tachycardia. How do I know? I used to have it :)

It is very common, don't worry, get it checked out. There's a couple different kind, mechanical and electrical. I had electrical, basicall the path the the electrical impulses to your heart has an imperfection, and the pulses bounce off each other, sending the heart into tachycardia.

http://www.emedicine.com/ped/topic2534.htm
[post=527550]Quoted post[/post]​

bad thing about me is that my father barely told me that day that heart attacks are inhereted in our family. Don't remember, but he said two or three of my uncles died to heart attacks, and I think my aunt... so that's four in the family from what he knows... Not cool :(

Well, you need to go get a second opinion, because I don't think you doctor really knows cardiology...

A few minutes before I get to the clinic my heart beat goes back to its regular beat. After the studies were made, Dr's found NOTHING!!! Dr said basically it was the begining of a heart attack, with the exception that the heart didn't stop.

Translates to "I don't know what is going on here".

Was it painful? Heart attacks generally are, though they don't have to be.
Usual symptoms follow:
* Uncomfortable pressure, fullness, squeezing or pain in the center of the chest lasting more than a few minutes.
* Pain spreading to the shoulders, neck or arms. The pain may be mild to intense. It may feel like pressure, tightness, burning, or heavy weight. It may be located in the chest, upper abdomen, neck, jaw, or inside the arms or shoulders.
* Chest discomfort with lightheadedness, fainting, sweating, nausea or shortness of breath.
* Anxiety, nervousness and/or cold, sweaty skin.
* Paleness or pallor.
* Increased or irregular heart rate.
* Feeling of impending doom.

Did the doctor do cardiac stress test, blood test (to detect abnormal levels of creatine kinase and Troponins), and an EKG (to detect abnormalities casued by damage to the heart)? I assume he took your blood pressure, what was it? The reason I am skeptical of it being a heart attack is the "numbness" you said you had. A heart attack is caused by a blockage at the heart, this in turn causes numbness/pain in the chest/extremeties due to lack of oxygen and muscular contractions, for you to have felt the pain/numbness and not have your heart actually stop...I doubt it. I could be completely wrong, but when I was having my issues with SVT, I did a bit of research, on top of consulting with the two cardiologist on staff at Landstuhl, and mine at Walter Reed. All I am saying is, heart attack is a popular, and easy diagnosis, so I would definitely get a second opinion from a cardiologist.

add asprin to your diet. seriously. asprin (not ibuprofin or other crap... but acetaminphine (sp?) )actually thins your blood and will redce the risk. bayer especially. take one a day

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Jul 17 2005, 04:37 PM
add asprin to your diet. seriously. asprin (not ibuprofin or other crap... but acetaminphine (sp?) )actually thins your blood and will redce the risk. bayer especially. take one a day
[post=527639]Quoted post[/post]​

acetominophine or whatever, is Tylenol. Bayer, and those things are aspirin. i think they are actually related or something, but just wanted to say that the two are actually different things. one is acetomino, whatever, and the other is aspirin.

Originally posted by 92b16vx@Jul 17 2005, 12:11 PM
Was it painful? Heart attacks generally are, though they don't have to be.
Usual symptoms follow:
* Uncomfortable pressure, fullness, squeezing or pain in the center of the chest lasting more than a few minutes.
* Pain spreading to the shoulders, neck or arms. The pain may be mild to intense. It may feel like pressure, tightness, burning, or heavy weight. It may be located in the chest, upper abdomen, neck, jaw, or inside the arms or shoulders.
* Chest discomfort with lightheadedness, fainting, sweating, nausea or shortness of breath.
* Anxiety, nervousness and/or cold, sweaty skin.
* Paleness or pallor.
* Increased or irregular heart rate.
* Feeling of impending doom.

Did the doctor do cardiac stress test, blood test (to detect abnormal levels of creatine kinase and Troponins), and an EKG (to detect abnormalities casued by damage to the heart)? I assume he took your blood pressure, what was it? The reason I am skeptical of it being a heart attack is the "numbness" you said you had. A heart attack is caused by a blockage at the heart, this in turn causes numbness/pain in the chest/extremeties due to lack of oxygen and muscular contractions, for you to have felt the pain/numbness and not have your heart actually stop...I doubt it. I could be completely wrong, but when I was having my issues with SVT, I did a bit of research, on top of consulting with the two cardiologist on staff at Landstuhl, and mine at Walter Reed. All I am saying is, heart attack is a popular, and easy diagnosis, so I would definitely get a second opinion from a cardiologist.
[post=527569]Quoted post[/post]​

DAYUM!!! Calling all honda Dr's hehehe

yeah, i didn't like when the Dr. said that... they did refer me to the hospital though for a more in depth check up...

blood sample was good, sugar was 145 which they said isn't bad.

Blood pressure was good, forgot the # but the three nurses that did the blood pressure test said it was really good.

EKG was good, showed no problem

Chest X-ray showed nothing wrong also...

Dude, it was just some irregular ass heartbeat, pumping super super fast, you can see my bicept go up and down with each beat as my chest did. My arm got numb quickly and left side of the chest was hurting a bit also.

Well, in the night time while going to sleep my left side of the rib cage and arm felt as if someone had beat the living heck out of me... next day still had some pain but felt much better. I've been short of breath since that day, so GRRRR, that's the only part that sucks. I already started excercising today to bring the sugar level down. Results were that I am diabetic type 2. however, Dr. Said excercise should control it so that i won't need to drink the medicine they gave me.

tomorrow I am going back to the hospital for another appointment...

Much love for all your help guys I really appreciate it.

Nacho
OSC

Well, I guess diabetic is better then a heart attack :( Sorry/glad to hear it :)

Back