Blasphemer !

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Celerity

Ok, listen. I was raised with 0 religion. I mean none at all. I have never been to church except when I was 16 and I got so bored I left after 30 minutes. I don't know even know what church it was, or what sect it was. I'm not even sure it wasn't a synagogue.

Judaism for some reason is pretty cool to me. I love reading about it, primarily because it's all about being beaten and brought to the point of death, then suddenly a miracle occurs and all is saved. Simply put, God loves Jews. Jackie Mason, Adam Sandler, all the comic greats have put a fun light on being Jewish.

Reading the bible is like counting the holes on a dropped ceiling. My mother was brought up heavy christian, but promised to never push it onto me nor my sister - perhaps for that very reason. My girlfriend attended catholic school, and I see what that did. So my interest in real research is only lessened by the fact that I simply don't care.

Now, the question.

What the hell are we supposed to do on Good Friday ? Are we fasting, celebrating, crying, repenting or something ? I'm lost.

-> Steve

aren't you suppose to give up one thing? Most of my girlfriends have been catholic and I think thats what a couple of them said to me.

In a strange twist, perhaps I gave up my knowledge of christianity for Lent.

It kinda makes sense to me now. It IS lent, right?

-> Steve

Well today is Passover, the only day us Jews get to eat lamb, and what not. On Friday like every other Friday is Chabat, drink wine eat good bread say a few prayers and hang out with good friends and family, and enjoy a good meal.

Shit man...I was forced to go to church and I still don't know all of these strange holidays.

Church?....church?...church?....Is that the place they...no, that's not it, hmmmm......

<irony>this was being written at the same time the churchbells were going in town</irony>

simple answer fuck religion, and just enjoy your friday off as if it were columbus day.

i get friday off paid. i dont mind. :)

this friday i will be installing my new power steering pump, and hopefully my 3g eclipse brake rotors and calipers. yum. big brakes baby yea!!

That's awesome one of the google ads says "Jews.com" :lol:

ill be wasted as hell with strippers shaking their asses in my face come "Good Friday" I guess thats what catholic school and going to church 2 times a week will do to you
My buddies girlfriend got him strippers and a limo for his 21st ;) and she is also loaded and fine as hell.

I have friends who try to give up not having sex for Lent. :D

I went to a catholic school from K thru 8 and I still dont remember much of the religious things. I just know during lent there is no meat on fridays and you're supposed to give up something. I gave up chocolate (mostly because my mom wouldnt leave me alone about the whole thing). I really wish I knew what all the days meant like palm sunday, good friday, and something saturday..... oh well, I'll figure it out later.

i went to catholic school for 8 years.

on Good Friday, you are supposed to STOP WORKING AFTER 12PM.

This means that ALL WORK MUST CEASE AFTER 12PM.

and then you gotta like just chill or something....till sunday. i forget the rest.

but you CANNOT WORK after 12pm.

and you can't eat meat! which is tech suck, because i've had to eat tuna fish everyday friday in lent because there is nothing else to eat here

Back