Blaupunkts?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

jamesA

Thank you for your business.
VIP
Brian and I opened up my trunk and looked at my rear speakers. Apparently they're not stock. After two years with this car I just now looked at them... haha

The previous owner had put 6x9 140w Blaupunkts in the rear. These speakers seem ok, but I had already purchased 6 1/2 Kenwood 150w speakers for the back. Whats your opinion on both brands as per their sizes?

I'm thinking of just replacing them anyway since I already spent the money, but I dunno. Might be slightly less work.

although those 6x9's are not the best brand they will give a better sound than the 6 1/2's. there is more surface area for the 6x9 and it will give you more bass than any 6 1/2 will. if it were me i would return the kenwoods and buy a set of kenwood 6x9's or any other brand but stay with the 6x9 size.

I'm not really concerned about bass from the rears though, thats why I have my 10" 600w audiobahn.

I guess I just would like opinions on which would be the best overall sound, 6x9 Blaupunkts, 6 1/2, Kenwoods, or 6x9 Kenwoods. I could return the 6 1/2s for 6x9 Kenwoods if necessary.. but 6 1/2s are plenty loud enough for me either way. I thank you for your opinion, mike. :)

If they mount without a problem, dont bother swapping the 6.5's for 6x9's.

But why dont you just listen to it, replace the Blau's with the Kenwoods and take what you like. Its hard to tell you which setup is better between two cheap speakers (or expensive ones for that matter), its up to your ears.

forever and always a speaker with equal length sides ( circle and therotically a square and equalatteral triangle) will sound better then one with different length sides (oval)

espically at high volumes. an oval speaker will distort much quicker, the sound waves/vibrations come off of the cone and hit the surround at different times etc

fuck i dont feel like explaing this BUT an oval speaker will NEVER beat a round speaker of the same quality in sound quality

check out www.bcae1.com
and the s10forum.com audio and electronics section

Quoted post[/post]]
forever and always a speaker with equal length sides ( circle and therotically a square and equalatteral triangle) will sound better then one with different length sides (oval)

espically at high volumes. an oval speaker will distort much quicker, the sound waves/vibrations come off of the cone and hit the surround at different times etc

fuck i dont feel like explaing this BUT an oval speaker will NEVER beat a round speaker of the same quality in sound quality

check out www.bcae1.com
and the s10forum.com audio and electronics section

The kid's new, but when youre right, youre right.

You ever wonder why every speaker in a show car is round and those squark kicker subs sound like ass. Its cause of the way sound travels. If its good enough for a car with a $10,000 sound system, it damn well better be good enough for me.

Quoted post[/post]]

The kid's new, but when youre right, youre right.

You ever wonder why every speaker in a show car is round and those squark kicker subs sound like ass. Its cause of the way sound travels. If its good enough for a car with a $10,000 sound system, it damn well better be good enough for me.

haha, im new to this forum, but have probably read www.bcae1.com a few times over.
and ive been in many a discussion over at www.s10forum.com in the sound forum back when i had my sonoma
its hard to be 18 and know everything
hahahahah jk :laugh: :laugh:

Back