Bleeding Brakes?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Frankie P.

Hey guys, as I mentioned in another post, I have been busy iwht work, and I haven't had time to post on here. Anyway, I badly needed to change the brakes on my SI, and didn't bleed them to see if they would work the same, because as I said I am very short on time. Well I took it for a "Test" drive, and the don't work until I hit the floor on the initial press of the brake. After I pump them they work fine, is it because I haven't bled them? I am pretty sure it is, but just to be safe. Also, I didn't have any grease for my brakes, but the constantly make noise, no loud but annoying enough. Will this go away or will I have to grease them up? Anyway, thanks ahead of time.

give them a good bleed should solve that problem..get the lube that stops the squeeks for that noise you mentioned. I did brakes on my civic and it only too like 45 min to do all four. There very easy to do on hondas

you got, bleed them and they'll be back to normal, as far as the noise a little disc brake quiet should take care of it, i always use the red stuff and mine never make noise

many pads require some sort of beak-in procedure. The first 7 stops or so, they will not be very powerful and may require a lot of pedal pressure. read the directions on the box, see what that says.

also, since your pressed with time and all! you could buy the 1 man vacuum brake bleeding kit!!
just attach the hose to the bleeder screw un-screw it. then pump the handle. until all the air is out. really easy and fast to do!!

Back