1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bleeding Brakes?

Discussion in 'Wheels / Suspension / Tires / Brakes' started by Frankie P., Jul 25, 2004.

1. Frankie P.

Frankie P. Senior Member

Hey guys, as I mentioned in another post, I have been busy iwht work, and I haven't had time to post on here. Anyway, I badly needed to change the brakes on my SI, and didn't bleed them to see if they would work the same, because as I said I am very short on time. Well I took it for a "Test" drive, and the don't work until I hit the floor on the initial press of the brake. After I pump them they work fine, is it because I haven't bled them? I am pretty sure it is, but just to be safe. Also, I didn't have any grease for my brakes, but the constantly make noise, no loud but annoying enough. Will this go away or will I have to grease them up? Anyway, thanks ahead of time.

2. allbottledup

allbottledup Senior Member

give them a good bleed should solve that problem..get the lube that stops the squeeks for that noise you mentioned. I did brakes on my civic and it only too like 45 min to do all four. There very easy to do on hondas

3. Bl6CRX

Bl6CRX Senior Member

you got, bleed them and they'll be back to normal, as far as the noise a little disc brake quiet should take care of it, i always use the red stuff and mine never make noise

4. bcman

bcman Senior Member

many pads require some sort of beak-in procedure. The first 7 stops or so, they will not be very powerful and may require a lot of pedal pressure. read the directions on the box, see what that says.

5. deejay

deejay Junior Member

sounds like air in the lines just bleed them and they should be fine

DeeJay

6. The WORLD is yours...

The WORLD is yours... Senior Member

also, since your pressed with time and all! you could buy the 1 man vacuum brake bleeding kit!!
    just attach the hose to the bleeder screw un-screw it. then pump the handle. until all the air is out. really easy and fast to do!!

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted