bleeding the brakes

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

sleepercivic69

i just changed the brake master cylinder on my 94 RS and i bled all four calipers but the brake pedal still has a lot of play before it actually starts to brake. is there a certain order i have to bleed them or did i install the master cylinder wrong?

In most cars you start with the wheel furthest from the master cylinder. Then go on from there. Make sure you have a one-way bleed screw or some one to help you, or a mighty-vac brake bleeding kit. Just pump the brakes till you get good pressure then hold the pedal and open the bleed screw. Once all the air or fluid comes out still having the pedal depressed close the bleed screw. You normally have to do this about two to three times, it all depends on the amount of air in the lines. O by the way did you bench bleed the Master Cylinder? sorry for my jumbled words i have been up for awhile.

ok i rebled all my brakes but the drivers rear and pass front doesnt seem to be building any pressure. is there something wrong? maybe i need to rebleed the mc

Back