blew my motor

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Originally posted by 90 accord@Aug 18 2004, 12:22 PM
why are you being such a dickhead lately jody? i mean, christ.. you dont have to be so damn critical about everything. are you trying to be like ji?
[post=378606]Quoted post[/post]​

Not being critical, just giving insight on things that have come and gone in my experience. Cheap does not always make for a good deal. Good luck to you, but in my head I don't see this working out very well.

yeah, cranked it a few times, made sure all of the valves are straight and seating properly.

i really dont see everything going that well either, but he said it ran great in his car.. i see him 2-3 times a week, and is a descent frined, so i dont think he'll screw my over to much..

Originally posted by 90 accord@Aug 17 2004, 12:23 PM
yeah, i was hoping for a bigger hole too, but it had those support looking things on either side.
[post=378049]Quoted post[/post]​

This is the only time ever that this sentence will..... nope it will still sound gay.....but,

MY HOLE IS BIGGER THAN YOURS :p !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :ph34r:

:super:

Originally posted by MugenCRX+Aug 23 2004, 09:34 PM-->
90 accord
@Aug 17 2004, 12:23 PM
yeah, i was hoping for a bigger hole too, but it had those support looking things on either side.
[post=378049]Quoted post[/post]​

This is the only time ever that this sentence will..... nope it will still sound gay.....but,

MY HOLE IS BIGGER THAN YOURS :p !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :ph34r:

:super:
[post=380766]Quoted post[/post]​

:owned:

loli want a hole as big as yours

update on teh car..
got everything in, all wires plugged back in, all fluids in.. i even splurged and bought mobil 1 oil.. well
i go to start it, it starts, but idles really low.. about 200ish rpm..
then it killed about 10 seconds later.. wouldnt start again. i heard a splashing sound comming from under the car. i look, and to my dismay, it was about 4 qts of oil, all comming out of the head... $50 oil stain on my driveway now (more like 20, but still..)

the head is c0mming off, then going to the machine shop tomorrow to get milled. hopefully wednesday i'll have my skunk 2 intake manifold, and hondata intake manifold gasket in.. maybe thursday get my apr headstuds in.. and instill everythign again on thursday.

fun fun fun!!

That sucks man, but hopefully everything comes all together in the end.

Ya man, that sucks about the warped head, but it could've been worse. We both know that. Good job on everything thus far, no shortcutting or anything, the way it should be. :thumbsup:

SHE RUNS!!!!!! no codes!!!

but she smokes like a bitch.. i mean, to the point where i can see the smokle out of my left, right, and inner mirror.. at night.. it sounds ok, all fluid levels are good, just crazy smoke. (white in color, couldnt really smell it when idleing, but still smoked like crazy) this is after about 10 miles of driving..

it also seems extremely hesitant. especially when approaching 3000 rpm.. i hit vtec once, but it felt like it was going to blow up on me.. any suggestions? ideas? HELP!!!!

first on my list is to just go through everything, make sure everything is how it should be.. but i think i need to change my spark plugs, and wires. the plugs didnt look too great when i had the head off.. any reccomendations on the kind, size, for both plugs and wires?? but please, try to keep the cost on the reccomendations down.. i cant really afford much till a week from yesterday (wednesday)

I might just smoke as the pistons and rings are new and have not mated up nicely with the cylinders. Also check you timing again, and baby the car till you get paid again.

Originally posted by pheonixb16aguy@Aug 27 2004, 06:58 PM
yea dude , the worst thing to do when your car is messed up is too take it into vtec and see what happens, and your car wont smoke becouse of the plugs,,, but i know for a fact you need some new wires becouse im almost positive those are the original wires .. also if they are new or newer pistons you shouldn't be running synthetic oil right off the bat .... we should buy a compression tester( like 30 bucks, cause4 i lost mine 8( and make sure the rings aren't fried) oh and by the way i have my exhaust fixed and my shits running good ( not to rub it in just keeping you up dated) .. i dunno if i am free tonight but give me a holla later on ... note: even though your car is running like ass... we should go up to tb mountain and take pics...LOL .. what rims you got up front ??? tonys steelies ?? woot woot MAD TIGHT JDM 13 silver honda steelies .like WHOAAAAAAAA
[post=382860]Quoted post[/post]​

yeah man.. it runs fine, but it hesitates between 2500 and 4500 rpm, and smokes like a bitch.. no codes, no nothing. i know it wont help withthe smoking, but it will hopefully help with the hesitation.. i need to hook that line up the the charcoal box fer shere though!! yeah, i'm rockin tony's 13's yO!! looks mad tizzight mang!!

Definitely dump the synthetic if you just installed new rings. They'll never seat otherwise. Get some dino oil.

Back