blind date

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

nootrac22

VIP
Well I'm being set up on a blind date friday night. Not sure what to think, or which head to think with. The ex-wife left in feb of 06, and i've been so busy trying to get life on track again that I haven't even concidered dating. The girl is the niece of the lady I work with in the same cubicle, so it could lead to some uncomfortable work situations. On the other hand all I do is work and be dad. I don't have many friends, I'm just too busy to take time out of my scedual to piss time away by just "hanging out". I would like to meet new people, be it on a relationship level or a friendship level, but I don't want to lose focus on what I need to do to straighten my life out. Oh well, nothing ventured nothing gained as the saying goes. Ok thanks everyone, just need to get that out:D

ummm...riiiiiiiiiiiiiight...well...ummm...yea...ummm...just take it in stride...maybe she'll be a hottie...maybe she'll be a butterface...or maybe she'll just be butt ugly...who knows...i guess you'll see...lol...good luck with it

hey you wont know if its going to be cool or not until you meet right?

just stay cool. blind dates are supposed to be FUN, not funky.

go for it and have a good time

you didn't even ask for a picture?

nope when I look in the mirror now and realise how much weight i have to lose I can't be too picky. will start working out monday. besides after a drought since feb 06..... well you get the point

go out and have fun
dont look at it as setting up the rest of your life or anything like that
just look at it as going out to have fun with a friend you havent met yet
treat it the same as you would if you were going to have dinner or whatever with someone youve known for years
be comfortable and have fun
if it works it works... if not fuck it
at very least you want to be cordial seeing that she is related to someone you need to deal with daily regardless of whether it works or not

dont put too much pressure on yourself and dont put too much importance on the situation

Back