Block guard? Which one

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

smooth_criminal

So i'm starting to run low on cash, only 2600 left, and i still need to buy pistons, clutch, bearing, head gasket, fuel managment, wideband, ect ect. So i'm not going to have 1k for new sleeves. So i was thinking of just putting a block guard in for alittle more stibility. What brand should i look into?

look into hotrex's block filling as an option...
seems to be a good idea...

google it for more write-ups...

managment is prob gonna cost you close to a G, my d16 turbo setup is costing me well over a G for managment and i already have a laptop and the high flow fuel pump...

but i;m also going balls out with the wideband lc-1 with xd-1, injectors, ostrich, burner, socketed P28, etc etc...

Yeah i'm ordering the #2 package from xenocron ($500).
I just ordered a 255 fuel pump and 440 injectors.
Block filling looks like a good idea but i'm not building my block this time. I'm sending to my machine shop for the build.
Plus i'm just alittle iffy about the whole thing.
Anyway fucking i'll just leave the sleeves stock.

why? the sleeves will hold more than an 18g can put out anyway, so long as its tuned right. i really wouldn't worry about it.

oh, see thats why i asked that question in the fi forum. b-series dont have my frm problem?

In my opinion, blockgaurds are a waste of money, and actually do more harm. Only people who have experience using them will agree with me. I had one on a Turbo LS motor built for boost. It had an ITR water pump and aftermarket fan. Motor still overheated. The blockguard sits around the top of the cylinders. If you think about it, this is where compression takes place and where the rings reach. Its purpose is to reduce cylinder sway and distortion but it introduces heat into the tops of the cylinders which can cause them to crack. It blocks the transfer of heat by the coolant.
That money can be spent better on an ITR water pump or something.

Back