block guard

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

INJEN78

HS LEGEND
i was just wondering what a block guard does and where it goes on/in the motor??

It stabilizes the sleeve within the block, and is basically a spacer that goes in the water jacket between the sleeve and the block casting. It maintains contact with both parts of the block to keep the sleeve from moving.

No, but when you do the LS/VTEC swap you mentioned in your sig you might as well put one in then while you have the head/block separated. That way if you ever decide to run some high power mods in the future (such as boost) you won't have to take the engine apart again to install one.

thanx for the help im just gonna buy it and put it in now that way its one less thing to forget lol

I really wouldn't pull the head off just to install a block guard that won't help you right now.. it's completely unnecessary for an LS with bolt ons.

so is a block guard DIY, or does it have to go to the shop?

DIY if u know how to put the motor back together correctly and as for just pulling the motor apart to put a block gaurd on a b18 with bolt-ons is not a smart idea to me..

Ehh, yes and no. If you want to put a block gaurd in "just cause" then all its really gonna cost you is about and hour and a head gasket. But the truth is you really don't need one unless you are boosted and even then i have heard that they are not that help full just a little added insurance.

Back