block guards...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

tphan4

BEFORE I POST...LOL B, I KNOW YOU HATE THE BLOCKGUARDS

But who here uses them? and and successful stories? Ive heard nothing but negative things like it creates hotspots up top on the cylinder...but I have a spare gsr block laying around so I wanna run a 85 or 100 shot of nitrous and the blockguard seems to be the cheapest way... also Im set on using nitrous not sure weather wet or dry or direct port yet but Im 100% sure im using nitrous on this build....any oppinions?

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Dec 8 2004, 08:56 PM
in all honesty, you're better off with nothing than with a block guard.
[post=428658]Quoted post[/post]​

im better off with a 80 - 100 shot of nitrous through a stock block?.......absolute no one uses them here huh

The positve of block guards is that they keep the sleeves from wandering. At the same time they create other problems. Like pissedoffsol said its better to run with out them. If you are doing a setup that would "need" a block guard its time to sleeve your block or reconsider your setup.

100 shot is nothing crazy. its going to put your 110whp d16z6 and make it 200whp. theres 342342332423423 d-series guys running 200 whp turbos bone stock.

as long as you provide proper fueling, and i'd highly recommend you do a wet shot instead of a dry, i think you'll be fine.

in fact, i got $50 that says you will melt a piston before ANYTHING happens to your cly walls.

now i just noticed you have a b-seires.

ok, so 150whp to 250whp.

and again, theres plenty of 250 stock block turbo cars out there. and you're on the turbo a hell of a lot more than a bottle.

i hold stand to my piston before walls comment :)

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Dec 8 2004, 09:57 PM
100 shot is nothing crazy.  its going to put your 110whp d16z6 and make it 200whp.  theres 342342332423423 d-series guys running 200 whp turbos bone stock. 

as long as you provide proper fueling, and i'd highly recommend you do a wet shot instead of a dry, i think you'll be fine.

in fact, i got $50 that says you will melt a piston before ANYTHING happens to your cly walls.
[post=428737]Quoted post[/post]​

bseries <_< so 100 wet shot should be fine on a b18c?
I thought the rule of thumb was 50% of your stock rated hp or 75 shot whatever comes first?

give it fuel, give it fire, hell, dyno tune it. big nitrous guys dyno with the bottle all the time.

you can run as much juice as you tuning will allow. methanol cars are a good example can't run a normal car woth a shit tune it right and you make way more hp than gas could ever

thanks for the response......nitrous honda if u dont mind me asking whats your setup?

Direct port is a MUST with a shot that big, otherwise you face distribution problems. Tune it with the proper amount if timing retard and enough fuel and you can run as much as you want (within reason obvously), just dont detonate it or bye-bye sleeve or ring land.

I have endye 12.5cr.pistons, eagle rods, crane cams ,nos diret port on bottem side of intake type r intake ported b16 head it runs 11.50s at122mph in a 93 hatch

are block guard useless on a b16 turbo with 300hp?

make sure you got the fuel to go with your 100 shot..
my stock lsvtec, stock fuel, 107 octane melted valve in #3

What would be good inj size for this setup..
HEAd= crower valves,springs,retainers,ctr int cam,stock b16a ehaust cam
block= eagle rods,9.2:1 forged pistons,ls crank
walbro pump,aem rail,aem regulator
nx wet kit 100 shot

Block guards 1 vote for no

hope im not thread stealin :hmm:

its up to me bot i have to listen to the guys with experience... you dont ask a virgin for sex tip...

Back