Block Swapping?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Sed8ed

Well, I have found some short blocks for sale but i'm undecided on which one to get... Question though, what other blocks can take the ls internals... I have heard of using ls cranks in gsr blocks (c-speed's 12sec integra) and once about using one in a b16 block. The blocks for sale are a 99 b16 block with bent rods but with no sleeve damage apparently, and a 95 ls block with bent rods also with no sleeve damage. he want about $125 for either block but im unsure if I can put my ls head on the b16 block and also what to check when it comes to damages in the block.

He also has a complete gsr block with eagle rods and je 10:1 pistons sleeved to 84.5 mm. He wants $1300 for that block but same question... can I put my ls head on that block... I have WAY to much work in that head to waste it plus I cant afford a new head.

My original thread is here https://hondaswap.com/forums/index.php?...ST&f=13&t=15096

to get an LS crank and rods to work in a B16 you would have to do some major modification, probably add a deck plate because of the block height differences. if you're set on keeping that LS head, i'd just go for the LS block.

Yeah, I figured as much, I just needed someone to confirm it for me... any tips on what to look for damagewise on the ls block with the bent rods?

just check the cylinder walls for any kind of scaring or scratches that you dont think can be honed out.

thx... I am also going to rent a micrometer to check the evenness (sp?) of the bore... this is really a piss off since I have already finished building the other block completely... that and the other block I had was in PERFECT condition except for the threads. Factory crosshashing on the bores and everything... 32,000 km too :( before the build.

Back