Blow By Gases, and what to do with them?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

utn

I would like to know what I should do with my blow by tube which is supposed to connect to my cold air intake. I want to take off the long aluminum tube and mount the air filter directly onto the manifold, eliminating all aluminum tubing. Whats to be done with the blow by gas tube?

Thanks,
Scott

I've seen a few cars with just the filter on them, but never heard why, so I guessed they just did it to maximize space in the engine bay. I decided that I want to run my cold air into the free space indide of my bumper, but I can't find out how to take it off :D (the bumper) I don't want to force it off and break anything. Does anyone have a link to a guide on how to do this? I know I've seen them before, I just can't find them when I need 'em.

Thank you, once again,
Scott

:worthy:

What kind of car are you taking the bumper off of?

I'd advise against getting rid of the tube because the tube even though it might get warm, provides a vavuum to pull in air, and actually generates way more pressure and more volume then the still much hotter air you'd get from just the filter, thus being way more efficient.

On overboost.com there was a neat article on this, using a manometer and everything.

buy an endyn catch can. connects to the pcv and the breater lines and keeps shit clean from blow by

A long tube intake not only serves to draw in cool air, but due to the Helmholtz effect, a resonance is set up which creates pressure waves, forcing more air into the cylinder at certain RPMs. This is what the big 15 HP spike in the midrange from a CAI is. Not to mention, with the volume of air that moves through the tube at WOT, the pipe instantly gets all the heat drawn out of it and drops down to ambient temp. The only time it gets hot it at cruise or idle.

I just figured out how to take off the bumper my self, it was a little harder than I thought, but I managed to do it. It’s on my B16 CRX DX. My car seems to be running a litter smoother and quieter now.

Thanks,
Scott

Back