1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Blow smoke like 2fast 2 furious

Discussion in 'Civic and CRX - EF' started by kakaroto_ss4, Jul 20, 2007.

1. kakaroto_ss4

kakaroto_ss4 New Member

Look i wonder how the man in the skyline blow nitro or smoke or water from the side of the car i need one of those thing can u tell me the name, and where i can find one of those thanks

2. eg6sir

eg6sir Supa Mod Moderator VIP

its a nitrous purge..

3. 93chaosdx

93chaosdx 93dxowner

lmao, you got to learn somehow....

4. get_nick

get_nick These snozzberries taste like snozzberries... VIP

if you want it to do what it does in the movie, you need an air compressor and some purge valves. in the movie it's just air.

5. 89crxzc

89crxzc I provide inspiration!

wow, are you serious, this will determine if i laugh hard enough to cry at this post.

6. Speed Box

Speed Box New Member

Those are purge valves.

Not to get off subject, I would like to mention a few things. Fast and Furious came out in 2001, I think. Because I remember watching it in San Diego few days after it came out. So kids these days who are 16, were like 10 yrs old when that movie came out.

So any kid who has any clue about cars would be " whoa those are dope cars!", even thou we all know that green eclipse was all show and no go in real life. ( there was article on speedoptions go check yourself)

So unless you ran with Wicked (I never did, car too slow and too young at that time), go race a supercharged 5.0 and stop hating on Hollywood (nobody in this thread did, just a statement for readers not posters)

We are all getting older. And there will be more and more posts related with fast and furious.

I admit that I clicked on the thread just for laughs and then realized all that I wrote. Also, I was not trying to say that starter of this post is a youngster either.

This post is not directed at anyone if you take it personal, its your problem.

7. daveholiday

daveholiday Do work

you can also do the purge with c02

and not to get off topic again,
    but I actually watched the fast and the furious 1 the other day, and when brian told harry his car topped out at like 130 or something? And then later after the race where he blew everything up almost, jesse says "cold air intake, no shitt." That seems to be the only thing he mentioned, and I wonder a couple things. 1, how does a cold air make an eclipse do 130? Second, if he blew all that crap up and it was super smokey and they were gonna have to do all that work, when the cops showed how did it just suddenly stop smoking and its fine to drive? I just see different stuff and wonder. I do love the series though, tokyo drift kinda lost it without any of the characters but it was still good, I'm waitin for a 4th.

8. Turbo&Auto

Turbo&Auto Nick Go FAST!!

I loved when Jesse says to vince, just tune the NOS timer and you'll run 9's :lmao: Stupid ass movie, only the first one was even remotely decent.

9. daveholiday

daveholiday Do work

lol what it seems like they did was got the idea for this movie, and made it for the masses, and the masses including more people who don't know whats going on than people who have half a clue. So to someone who doesn't know shit, "just tune the nos timer" or "cold air intake, wow," sounds like tough shit, and we scratch our heads and say "so?"

I remember the one part too, when they're building the supra and jesse is showing vince's girlfriend the turbo and he's like "and then this is gonna spool up real fast and---" and its like oh, so you drive a silvia, and you don't know what a turbo is?

And another thing
    in 2fast2furious, everyone is all hyped up because brian drives a skyline
    well watch the first one again, becasue their friend who watches for cops, not jesse not vince, not dom, but that other guy, drives a skyline. why doesn't he race? why is the rx-7 the super car in the beginning?

10. random_hero

random_hero New Member

He also said "lengthen the injector pulse like 8 milliseconds........and you'll run nines" . Either way it's a ridiculous movie. I've never seen a Maxima run anything.

11. eg6sir

eg6sir Supa Mod Moderator VIP

who gives a fuck?? it is a retarded ass series of movies.. why are we discussing it?

12. daveholiday

daveholiday Do work

ask kakaroto ss4, he brought it up

13. nootrac22

nootrac22 Well-Known Member VIP

14. daveholiday

daveholiday Do work

15. 89 hatch

89 hatch New Member

I have to say im a little disappointed that nobody said anything about the floorboard falling out of the mitso

16. Speed Box

Speed Box New Member

Good call! I don't know about quotes from the movie in regards to turbo/nitrous/etc. Although I do clearly remember that floorboard flying out.

With Hollywood, everything's possible and we should stop using that movie as a scapegoat.

I'm pretty sure some WW2 oldtimers would be watching "saving private ryan" "pearl harbor"(or any war movie) and think that its lame too.

17. daveholiday

daveholiday Do work

this is true.

I never mentioned the floorboard because I never understood quite what it was? I thought it was a floorboard, but then I thought, wait, that looks like diamond plate, and it only came out in that one square section, so why would someone cut out a secction of their floor and screw a diamond plate cover to it? is this incase the engine goes and you have to use ffp? (ffp=fred flintstone power)

18. humblegumbo

humblegumbo 1595cc's of Mad Fury

:driver2:

I have nothing constructive to add, just wanted to say Vtec just kicked in YO!

Attached Files:

19. daveholiday

daveholiday Do work

hahahaha

as fas as constructiveness, I don't think this thread has any. The kid's question was answered in the 2nd post and I don't think I've seen him back since. I just like talkin about these movies and all the shit that doesn't make sense :)

20. 89 hatch

89 hatch New Member

I think they did the floor like that to make people think damn that cars haulin ass but in my opinion the only thing I didnt like about the movies is how theres a bunch kids doin burnout in there moms v6 van and thinkin they look cool when all there doin is getting people that like steetracin a bad name

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted