Blow Type-R swap question

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

silentearth

Had a B18C/R swap in a 98 civic coupe, motors dead. I'd like to purchase a gsr, salvage my intake manifold and cams from the ITR, and bolt it on to what i have now. One problem I noticed was the ITR uses a p73 while the gsr uses the p72, will my current computer run the gsr? Any help will be appreciated.

Quoted post[/post]]
Had a B18C/R swap in a 98 civic coupe, motors dead. I'd like to purchase a gsr, salvage my intake manifold and cams from the ITR, and bolt it on to what i have now. One problem I noticed was the ITR uses a p73 while the gsr uses the p72, will my current computer run the gsr? Any help will be appreciated.

As long as the P73 is the the same OBD # as the P72, it will (which I assume it is) and the ITR IM won't bolt up to the GSR head, but the cams will.

what is wrong with the ITR? you could put your head on a different B series bottom end.

B series manifolds are pretty much interchangeable with the exception of the b18c1 (gs-r) manifold. b16/b18c5 manifolds bolt onto the same casting head (pr3). The itr manifold wont bolt up to it. also the gs-r has butterflies in the manifold which are controlled by the ecu. Get a skunk2 pro series manifold for b18c1 (gs-r) and run the itr manfiold.

ok, so who was responsible for bringing this back from the dead..
:lock:

Back