1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Blower/Heater motor

Discussion in 'General Tech and Maintenance' started by Justin66, Sep 18, 2008.

1. Justin66

Justin66 The Hondaswap Canadian

I noticed that the blower motor from my DA integra is the same as the 94-01 integra motor. Does this mean that other honda's share this same motor? Only asking because i am having a problem finding a motor at the wreckers. I think my local parts store can get one new ($$) but id rather spend less. Anyone know if these cars share a common blower motor?

http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com...=2DR+EX&catcgry4=KA5MT&catcgry5=HEATER+BLOWER

Just a random year civic just for reference.

2. Justin66

Nothing?

Well either way i got a motor, brand new from Canadian Tire (large auto/retail chain) for $40. Its aftermarket ofcourse. I hope it fits right.

3. Justin66

Ok even if no one is paying any attention to this thread at all, due to wiring and a relocated battery i could not take the blower motor out just by unscrewing the 3 screws and sliding it down. I had to take out the whole lower blower housing (gray translucent plastic) and a bunch of panels. It was a bitch, dirty and in such an awkward position, took about an hour of solid wrenching. I rinsed out all the housing except the actual blower housing because of the resistor), yummy 18 year old dirt. The motor was lack of a better word fucked, seized and rotted. I am gonna put the new blower in and everything back together tomorrow afternoon because i had some other stuff to do. Hopefully when i hook stuff up it all works, unless the resistor is gone, then i may have questions.

Lol i bet no one cares but hey this may help one one else some day.

4. Justin66

Woo its all me again! Got everything back together, new blower works awesome......except it only works on full fan speed, which i know is the resistor? Anyway to repair it or just buy another? I think it got damaged when the motor was seized and i left the blower switch on.

5. YBLEGAL

YBLEGAL Regular Member w/ Cheese

Niiice job so far dude

Just poppin in to give a :thumbsup: because I didnt know shit

Another one for the archives... lol

Good luck!

6. Justin66

Ya, guess people dont have problems with blowers and/or dumbass people who route a 0 gauge batter cable and 2" thick ecu wires against the blower assembly (bought the car swapped). Thanks for the support tho, my abs and back are aching from how i had to lay to do all this.

7. YBLEGAL

YBLEGAL Regular Member w/ Cheese

I feel ya. I just got through re-wiring my engine and most of the dash harness. And yes, I have a, well not 0 gauge, but 4 gauge wire running in front of my blower box too lol. I have a relocated battery in the trunk now and I also put my fuse box where my passenger airbag used to go. [I have harnesses now instead]

Take the seat out atleast?

8. Justin66

HA take that foggy windows!

Ya i tried to take the seat out but the one bolt was rust-melted into the bracket. Didnt have anything to loosen it at the time so i slid down there with my legs almost touching the roof. Not hurting anymore.

Now i need to find a resistor. Maybe Honda will have one..... the parts guy doesnt like me cause they have to know which car to look for parts for. Its a mix between a 2000 Civic SiR (for the b16 and related) and a 90-93 Integra for mostly everything else. My car is a mess of old and new, JDM and non.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted