blowing battery fuse need help?!?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ahcrap

ok so here is the dilema, i just swapped in a jdm h22a obd1 into my 97 civic. i finallly got the last code fixed about 2 weeks ago and it has been running like a charm. no check engine light at all and vtec pulls strong. anyways yesterday for somereason the car just died while driving. i noticed there was no power to anything so the first thing i checked was the 80 amp battery fuse. well it was blown, so i got a new one checked the ecu wires and grounds and looked good and started right up. i drove for about 3 miles with the car running normal, and then the same thing happend. so got a new fuse started up and drove again same thing and now when i put in a new fuse it has this clicking sound over by the ecu and it blows the fuse while the check engine light flashes in the same order as the clicking. i have no clue what this could be, any ideas welcome. thanx.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Dec 20 2004, 04:53 PM
check your alternator wiring, your starter wiring, and your o2 sensor wiring.
[post=434943]Quoted post[/post]​

an overcharing Alternator can do that.

You can have the regulator checked with the alternator in or out of the car if you take it to autozone, they have a special arbst tester for it, also this may be off subject but how do you pull codes in an OBD2a car with an OBD1 ECU? tried to search but found nothing

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Dec 20 2004, 04:53 PM
check your alternator wiring, your starter wiring, and your o2 sensor wiring.
[post=434943]Quoted post[/post]​

why is it that the o2 sensor needs to be checked? how does that mess up the battery from charging?

He has a problem with his fuse blowing not his battery charging. Ground the wires could cause the fuse to blow.

Originally posted by SOHCD16y8@Dec 20 2004, 09:18 PM
also this may be off subject but how do you pull codes in an OBD2a car with an OBD1 ECU? tried to search but found nothing
[post=435094]Quoted post[/post]​

Treat it just like an OBD1 car, jump the plug with a paperclip and read the flashing code off the check engine light.

hey thanx for all the input, i am in idaho and my car is in utah so i will try searching the problem out and get the alternator tested. yeah there is a blue plug with two wires hangin next to the ecu jump that with a wire or paperclip and your check engine light will flash the codes for you long flash means ten short flash means one.

Back