Blowing Clutster/tail Light Fuse

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

SleEPeR_CRX

hey boys, well ive had this problem since i got the swap and started racing. i even had it b4 when i had the d16 in there. when i get high RPM's or say theres tire slip and my RPM's jump up really fast, this fuse blows?, also right now, i have a burn out tail, which i took the bulb out, but my fuse blows the second it goes in? could me not having a bulb in the rear brake light be my problem? or this, i just put in air/fuel gauge but i cut the wires behind the drivers side front/side window bar, and then soddered them back together. i didnt tape them up tho. could they be touching every so often and shorting out my fuse? do the wires the run under this plastic peice even hold those wires? any1 having any thoughts on this issue would be the biggest help ever.

Well, any wire that has been spliced into and not soldered and covered correctly can cause problems by it touching any metal that is around it. You defintely need to cover the wires. You need to use heat shrink tubing (which is the best way IMO) or just wrap them up in electrical tape. Make sure you cover all the solder and any exposed wire. HTH :D

Yup,

I was blowing my tailight/cluster lights fuse repeatedly and I ended up finding a partially exposed wire behind my stereo. I covered it with a piece of tape and problem was solved just like that....

Ya i just went through like all my cars wiring, and WOW the guy that had it b4 me did the worst wiring job on everything, 3 stereo wires showing, my ignition wire was like cut in half and held together by a butt connecter, and my wires behind the door panel were fucked, so i resoddered everything, covered up with electrical tape and now its working fine, thx for help all.

Back