Blown D16Z6 Vtec replacement?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

hello, i'm new here, i'm of BRASIL
a) d16z6 automatic (eh6) - Del Sol Si
b) octane with alcool 23%
c) 27,75
+/- 70 miles
im building my motor , with kit Hi Tech 0.10 " = 0,25mm , i 'll bye in autozone.com ( acl duraglide 780 is better?)
Somebody know something about this product ? gasket,bearings,pistons -rings, ?
water pump and oil pump , whats the better? duralast,goop,...?
ty

Last edited:
yeah you can put the z6 head on there it will help, and im not sure on the tranny im perty sure there longer geared than the ex or si

Ok, now I'm really going to show my ignorance. D15Z1 lower half, would you stick with the Z1 head and tranny or use the head and intakes and tranny from the blown 16Z6? I did get a P07 ECU with the Z1 motor too.

I've got another Z6 motor too. Am I in the ballpark to say that I could get mid to high 40's mileage with the Z1? Can I get low 40's with the Z6 but still have alot more power when I need it?

The only reason why a d15z1 gets great gas mpg, is because the intake ports are tiny, doesnt require so much fuel and air, as well as the pistons are low compression. other than that your stroke and deck heights are the same as every other 1.5 block. Im only using a z1 block for a build because its a good block, No signs of over heating, when i got it, green coolant, block surface looked brand new, new water pumps and oil pump. and i only paid 100. Even though i didnt realize till later. i didnt want the head. I'm switching the pistons from a d15b and the P08-1 head. I'm basically doing the same build as blanco. but not as clean as his is. Even though after seeing his now. I want to take that extra effort to make it look even better. yes.. im jealous of you blanco.

If i were you. Just pop the Z6 in. Unless you want to build the z6. then go ahead and put the z1 in. save gas and money, build a stroker from the z6. Im not sure if i got my numbers right. but you could find a d17 block and use the crank shaft (the main bearings are the same size) and then use 1.5 rods on the 1.7 crank and you have a stroker. of course I dont have my numbers right. I havent taken the time to check to see if that adds up right. but Either way. it'll be cheaper than a full stroker kit.

isnt therre a new adapter that can be used to mat a b series motor to a d tran?? or is it the other way around?/

i have a 95 del sol
a)d16z6 intake, full custom exhaust
b)regular (premium if im fealing special)
c)i usually get 26-28 city and 30 highway. but im 18 and i dont drive like a grandma so thats really good.

94H EX, how do you know so much about swapping parts??? Someone told me about a book at Autozone on swapping Honda's. Have you seen it, any good? I think I'm going to put the Z1 in to just see for myself (power and mileage) and then swap the Z6 head for a comparison. Are they both plug and play?

EFHONDAKID, you say I need to get the P28 chipped (I don't really understand what chipped means or how to do it/get it done)? Can I use the P07 with Z1 motor and head? When I put the Z6 head on the Z1 what ECU to use then?

FRODOTOOLBOX, What's a stock i/e?

One more note, I looked at both tranny's today. Both say S20.

Oh yeah, I'm jealous of Blanco too.

Last edited:
EFHONDAKID, you say I need to get the P28 chipped (I don't really understand what chipped means or how to do it/get it done)? Can I use the P07 with Z1 motor and head? When I put the Z6 head on the Z1 what ECU to use then.

The P28 will be used with the Z6 head, you have to use the ECU that goes with the head. If you use the Z1 head you need to use the Z1 ECU, if you use the Z6 head use the Z6 ECU. :thumbsup:

Back