Blown head gasket? Warped block? Help!!!!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

azn_hmong

I have a problem with my motor. The other day i was driving and all of a sudden I lost power and alot of white smoke puffed out of my tailpipe. I stopped the car immediately and shutdown the motor. Before doing all this however I checked my heat tempature and it was normal. Went out the car to check my oil stick and it was a sludge brown looking color and I knew my head gasket was out.

So the next day I pop off the head and got a brand new head gasket. I got a b16a SIR2 JDM so the head gasket is metal with 3 layers. When I took off the gasket in my car however, I noticed there were no cracks or tears anywhere. This made me worry that there was a crack somewhere in the head or block. Checked EVERY INCH and no cracks!! I haven't done a compression test yet but anyone think it could be something else?

Drop me off any ideas you guys can think of cuz I am clueless on how this could have happened... there was Coolant/Oil mixture, but No OVERHEAT, and NO blown gasket wtF? any help would be appreciated... thanks!

Check the head and the block with a straight edge ruler for warpage, or take them to a machine shop, and let them check.

Back