1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Blown head gasket? Warped block? Help!!!!

Discussion in 'Civic and del Sol - EG and EK' started by azn_hmong, Oct 27, 2008.

1. azn_hmong

azn_hmong New Member

I have a problem with my motor. The other day i was driving and all of a sudden I lost power and alot of white smoke puffed out of my tailpipe. I stopped the car immediately and shutdown the motor. Before doing all this however I checked my heat tempature and it was normal. Went out the car to check my oil stick and it was a sludge brown looking color and I knew my head gasket was out.

So the next day I pop off the head and got a brand new head gasket. I got a b16a SIR2 JDM so the head gasket is metal with 3 layers. When I took off the gasket in my car however, I noticed there were no cracks or tears anywhere. This made me worry that there was a crack somewhere in the head or block. Checked EVERY INCH and no cracks!! I haven't done a compression test yet but anyone think it could be something else?

Drop me off any ideas you guys can think of cuz I am clueless on how this could have happened... there was Coolant/Oil mixture, but No OVERHEAT, and NO blown gasket wtF? any help would be appreciated... thanks!

2. 4U2H8ME

4U2H8ME Beer its whats for dinner

Check the head and the block with a straight edge ruler for warpage, or take them to a machine shop, and let them check.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted