BLown head gasket???

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

89vwfox

i pulled out of a parking space the other day and noticed i was leaking radiator fluid i checked it out more and its dripping a very small amount from the back side of my block close to my water pump. but im not blowing any sort of smoke out of my exhaust no rotten egg smell or any bubbles on the under side of my oil cap and no decrease in performance. sometimes when im sitting still my coolant temp will rise to about 210 until i give the engine a couple of revs and it returns down to around 170. could this be my water pump?My b20 is mated with a high revving b16 transmish and i iknow that the stock b20 water pump was not designed to sustain high revs for a long preriod of time.

Time for a gsr water pump? or potential blown head gasket?

change the water pump asap. check the gaskets and everything around it. don't drive on it if you don't have to. if you run out of coolant your hg will definitely go bad.

1 you're low on coolant, that is why you have to rev it up to get it to cool down, you are forcing the water to circulate more quickly.
Get a new water pump, it's never a bad idea to do it if its' in question.
Do the timing belt while you are at it, you have to takee it off anyway and unless you did it in the last 40k Id replace it.
Replace your thermostat while you are at it, its at the other end of the water tube that runs along the back of the block.
Now on to your leak, try to look closely at that water tube I was just talking about, at both ends there are o-rings, they will deteriorate after a while, also that tube it steel, and might have rusted through depending on your climate and/or mileage, here in NY I see it all the time in the 92-95 range civics and integras.

x2 with welfare. The o-rings are cheap from the dealer and your going to have the coolant drained so no better time to do

replace the water pump and takeoff the the termostad to let the water runs easily thats wat i did i had the same problem n thats wat i did and also check all the seals

Contrary to what the person above attempted to say, DO NOT REMOVE your thermostat, just get a new one, not having hte thermostat in the vehicle will cause you more harm than good, not only does it make your engine produce the correct amount of emissions by running at the proper temperature, it also aides in keeping your engine from overheating by keeping cooland in the radiator long enough to cool it down before cycling it back into the water jacket of the engine.
Also without a thermostat you will never get heat in the winter, it will work the opposite by not letting the coolant heat up enough in the waterjacket before running it through the radiator.
DO NOT REMOVE YOUR THERMOSTAT OR RUN WITHOUT A THERMOSTAT.

Back