Blown teg engine

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

blackintegra33

ok so I recently hit a curb going bout 90 and messed up what i thought was only my suspension so after many hours at pick and pull getting the lower front control arms and trailing arms and struts and having it in a body shop to move my sub frame back in place i find out my radiaitor was also messed up the hard way. I didnt over heat much always stayed below half way mark on the thermomertor then i noticed that i was losing coolant and i ended up having to fill her up with antifreeze every day. then it started steaming from my overflow resovoir so i pulled over and got towed home. when i check my oil there doesnt look like any collant in there and when i cheeck my radiatior i didnt c any oil. BUT the radiatior does smell like gas and the spark plug holes smell faintly of coolant so i am pretty sure its blown if not can some one please help me. my car is a 97 integra gs.

i'll tell you whats wrong if you tell me how the hell you hit a curb at 90.

wow, just wow. hopefully there wasn't anybody walking around the streets.

start by checking the easy stuff. check all the coolant lines and make sure they aren't kinked or clogged. if i had to guess, it may have overheated and blown the headgasket.

Are you shooting out white smoke out of your exhaust??? Water pump????
Do what Nick said and check the small things first though of course.

there was a little white smoke the first time i turned it on (first time in a week). so i bought some of that kw block sealant. and i am still losing water/coolant.

Back