Blown Valves?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

stickyies

I have a 96 GSR integra. Loaded with parts. It has a short shifter in it. One day i was just about redlinin 3 gear then i shift it into second when tryin to go to 4th. Shortly after the car started actin up. It would cut out on a stand still. The idle drops extremmly low and cuts out. I thought it was the head but when i took it apart, i did not notice any bent valves. Plus the car was timed (if the valves were bent wouldn't the timin jump?). What else could it be? The distrubitor?

when the timing jump it usually bends the valves...it doesnt happen the other way around, but it usually straight up strips the belt.

really got no idea usually thats all that happens when you over rev...you coulda floated a valve, but if youve already taken the head off and seen nothing unusualy i dont see how.

check the timing and find out. if your timing is off with the dizzy, then youll know thats the problem.

The thing is the timing was perfect on the car. We checked the timing, and the valves. Plus if a valve was bent, when we flip over the head we should have seen it.

Back