Blox block guard

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Egturbohatch

sup im just wondering if any 1 have use the Blox block guard............is it worth buying or mind as well get the golden eagle 1s....let me kno......any advise and comments please

Install the block guard first, and then have the block bored and honed. I've heard from a reputable source that just installing the block guard will actually cause the cylinder bore to shrink at the top of the sleeves. This can cause premature ring wear.

I would advise against using any block guard.

Install the block guard first, and then have the block bored and honed. I've heard from a reputable source that just installing the block guard will actually cause the cylinder bore to shrink at the top of the sleeves. This can cause premature ring wear.

Thanks for the good info, What are the best prices for sleeves? Dartons are the only ones I know of...:huh:

Bensons, golden eagle, JG, and a bunch more do sleeves

Wet sleeves are better better than dry I am guessing?

I WANT!! They are not cheap tho.

darton.jpg

dont have the money to sleeve........tell u the truth i dont kno why im buying a block guard but i guess it would help the cylinder not to walk....i guess....

so like i said on my other post im tryin to build a ls turbo mildy/fully build........so wat should i do about the machine shop....wat should i get done dat is needed...wat type of work?....my rings r blow, if dat helps.........does it cost anything for the shop to give u a qoute on the work dat might be needed and for them to inspect for any defects...and dats base on me bring the block to them.....

so u guys never answer my post....wat u think about the Blox blokk guard?

thank u

I would think it would be cheap and ineffective compared to sleeves. Blox is like the APC of tuning products. You can find Darton Sleeves as low as 200.00 Shipped but if you want to go ahead and spend the money on a guard then I don't think it would really matter if it was Blox or a generic Ebay Block Guard.

most sleeves crack from the center...not from the top... where the rod/stroke angle is at its worst angle pushing sideways on the sleeve.

the block guard only goes on the top, and thus, it blocks water flow, which leads to more heat, detnoation, and doesn't even effect the problem area-- the bottom of the stroke.

You're honestly better off without the block guard.

What about using Devcon B? You can cover both areas but I don't know if it shrinks and expands as well as the actual block. I have been considering this if it is better than sleeves but I doubt it. Maybe better than using a block guard tho?

People choose that route because it seems like a cheap way to make higher power than on stock sleeves.

In reality, the money spent on a block guard can be better spent in other areas of a build.

Blockguard = fucking waste of money

Either boost it stock, keep it mild, and hope you don't ever get the desire to crank the boost up.....or build it to handle the power you really want.

I do get greedy so what will be the limit on stock sleeves? Is it hard to tell usually? None of the engines I have built ever blew up but they were all n/a. I have seen 30lbs and one of the pistons actually went bad before the sleeves did.

Back