BMW Z1

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

dveit

VIP
I found this on a local forum, and found it to be a cool looking car. It was brought back from Europe. And YES the doors retract from the body!

DSC00615.JPG

DSC00618.JPG

DSC00616.JPG

DSC00617.JPG

Sorry about the big pics, I was too lazy to resize them and then rehost them. :p

it looks like they got a lot of the styling for a Z8 from that car. or vice versa, depending on which one was released first.

BMW makes a car with no airbag??? Looks a little fishy to me.... But I'm at work with a good ol' 56k so no video for me.... What the fuck do I know?

I never said it was fast, I just thought it was cool looking. Especially the doors. Im guessing if you pull out the key, the doors slide down.

performance aside, i'd drive that anyday over a Z3

edit: or an S2000, or pretty much any roadster you can get in the US for that matter

Originally posted by sohcslammer@Aug 26 2003, 01:37 PM
BMW makes a car with no airbag??? Looks a little fishy to me....

the car was made in limited production from 89 - 91 (8000 were built)

air bags were not required at that time

From the looks of the front plates, it appears to have been imported from England, Germany, France or where ever.

and if you notice the rear license plate it says Z Only 1 :lol:

That's probably not a lie...I bet that's the only Z1 in the US if it was infact privately imported.

The front plates actually indicated its from Weisbaden in Germany.

My friend said they are even rare in Germany.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Aug 26 2003, 08:43 PM
for the 3rd time- DL that damn video!!!!

my POS media player wont let me watch the videos. it says it's not a valid file type for media player. i even tried quicktime player.

what do you guys use to watch it with?

oh...i'll try it with real player, haven't tried that one yet.

Back