Boats

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

:werd:

Much cheaper to run sail boats! (after initial investment) More sense of accomplishment when you make it from point A to point B. More pimp factor if you get a nice one.

P.S. Don't sail in storms. :D

I guess it's a little late now, but I started sailing when I was like 10. My uncle had a Tartan 10, which is a 33 footer. There are literally hundred's of them around still. You can get one for around 10 grand now. Nothing fancy, but we did some 3 day races on the Great Lakes in it for many years. Sleeps 6ish very uncomfortably, has a head, a rudimentary galley, and is enough fun to keep you smiling for days. Weighed about 7000 pounds and had around 55 feet of mast on the main. It would heel over in 20 knots of wind literally until the sails were dipping into the water. The most fun you will ever have at 10 mph. Now we sail a Catalina 400, 20000 lbs, auto pilot, GPS, radar, stand up shower, wine fridge, etc. Definitely more P.I.M.P, but not nearly as much fun. If you don't mind working for your fun and taking the time to learn to sail, you won't regret it.

Back