Bob Vila finishes another project

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Bob Vila

ɐןıʌ qoq
Admin
VIP
Finally finshed the Pool Deck!

12x14 finished with Trex composite decking on the walking and hand surfaces. Built with 2x8's for the base material. The existing deck off the slider was already built however ripped up the old 5/4 planking and put down the Trex up there on the walking and hand surfaces also. Rebuilt the steps going down to the ground. Basically everything has been re-done by ME :) Oh, and no plans, this was built all in my head :):):)

Pics:

DSC02015.JPG

DSC02017.JPG

Your's truly
DSC02021.JPG

DSC02018.JPG

DSC02037.JPG

And one more project to finish at her house...

DSC02029.JPG

Phew, I'm tired.

Seexxy. I wish we could redo my deck with Trex. That shit is nice. Great looking craftsmanship on the railings, etc.

Looks good. :thumbsup:

In the spring, when I get a little money together, I'll have a few projects to knock out. If your interested. :wink:

Quoted post[/post]]
wtf? that house is brand new.... what was wrong with the OEM deck?

no clue why...but the "OEM DECK" comment made me laugh hysterically....im still smiling....FU BRIAN!!!

but any way...nice job, but it looks too cold to be doing that kinda stuff....we dont work in texas unless it is atleast 75 degrees.

Nice , I just rebuilt my deck to 16x24 , mohagany decking ,stairs, hand rails etc...

it looks like the lower deck and upper deck arent level, though.

Does not compute - I'm a perfectionist, everything is level and square.

wtf? that house is brand new.... what was wrong with the OEM deck?

Nothing wrong with it except it had wood 5/4 planking. It didn't match the composite material on the pool deck therefore it was replaced to match the new deck :)

Nice , I just rebuilt my deck to 16x24 , mohagany decking ,stairs, hand rails etc...
Baller. :) I built a Mohagany 2.5" x 16' w x 120' (all around an inlaw HOUSE) up in the NW corner on Lake Waramaug when I was a cabinet maker. Needless to say the deck could have bought me a new M3.

the 2nd picture form the bottom. the 2 deck rails look like they aren't level.

Very nice... I'm almost tempted to build a low deck on the back of my house... But there is no real purpose... :|

Quoted post[/post]]
Nothing wrong with it except it had wood 5/4 planking. It didn't match the composite material on the pool deck therefore it was replaced to match the new deck :)

I have no idea what you just said :laugh:

is 5/4 the same as 1.25 ? :p

The original deck had wood planks, the pool deck had composite planks. They don't match so the wood was removed and replaced with composite.

Composite? I need to get my self a mad JDM carbon fiber deck, yo!

Quoted post[/post]]
Baller. :) I built a Mohagany 2.5" x 16' w x 120' (all around an inlaw HOUSE) up in the NW corner on Lake Waramaug when I was a cabinet maker. Needless to say the deck could have bought me a new M3.

Overall I'm not a huge fan of trex, when it sits in the sun like my southestern exposed deck it would get hot, damn hot and that's not so pleasent on hte feet. I wanted to use Ipe decking but my local lumber yard that I have an account with doesn't carry it. So Mohogany it is.

Overall I'm not a huge fan of trex, when it sits in the sun like my southestern exposed deck it would get hot, damn hot and that's not so pleasent on hte feet. I wanted to use Ipe decking but my local lumber yard that I have an account with doesn't carry it. So Mohogany it is.

ANYTHING that sits in the sun gets damn hot
my old man had a wood deck with dark stain...
that burned like a mother fucker

Quoted post[/post]]

ANYTHING that sits in the sun gets damn hot
my old man had a wood deck with dark stain...
that burned like a mother fucker
no i was about to comment on the composite too. my pool had wood and it got hot. changed it and the composite actually burnt my feet once because it got so hot. and thats the sun in nj.

Back