body damage

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

HondaHyna

hi im new and need some help
I am thinking of buying a 93 civic for 800 but it has rear end body damage to the trunk and bumper. I need help in knowing if tis worth the price or should i pass is up also how hard is it to fix rear body damage.

first off i see its your first post and welcome!!!!.......second....if you think you can do it....buy it....dosent seem to bad of a price.....i payed cheap for my crx and the framing was bent...rusted and smashed....in a week...i had rust cut out and welded new panels....pulled the rear end out....and bondoed everything nice....have you know im only 16 and never attempted anything like it b4....so...simply....if u think u can do it....go for it...if you think it is in your inability to repair it dont buy it....but for a hit car...thats an ok price i guess.......check some of my post for the thread of my crx bodywork and tell me if the exent of ur work is as bad as mine was....if u need any tips on body work...you can ask me...i take autobody at skool and know a good deal of info on what u will need to do.....see ya;)

post a couple pics. It could be to far gone if the unibody is bent ( inner supports and such in the trunk, suspension mounts) but if its only cosmetic go for it

Yeah trunk and bumper is really easy stuff.. but check underneath.. Make sure the unibody hasn't been crunched. Also, look along the rear quarter panels and make sure there is no buckling or damage there. If the quarters have even the slightest hint of buckling I'd pass. I'd be ok with very minor frame (unibody) damage at that price, but not much.

look in the trunk to c if the trunnk floor is badly crinkeled or not and underneath to c if the frame rail is bad if not then buy it if it it find out how much it woud cost to fix

Usually in that case, the trunk floor panel is wrinkled like a vee but that's an easy pull which wouldn't require a machine, also the frame ends are going to be slightly bent in. both aren't hard to fix, but the car will never be 'perfect' again.. it wont affect handling or stability tho.

don_radeon said:
Usually in that case, the trunk floor panel is wrinkled like a vee but that's an easy pull which wouldn't require a machine, also the frame ends are going to be slightly bent in. both aren't hard to fix, but the car will never be 'perfect' again.. it wont affect handling or stability tho.

please do not post incorrect info
it the frame ends are tweeked and the floor is wrinked it means to safly repaire the car it must be placed on a frame jig tyo pull it. You don't have tools that can do this at home.

Don't post getto info

Back