Body Kit Installation

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.

aya_weiss

I've just received my r33 omega body kit in the mail and was wondering if I should install it myself or have a professional do it. I know that they say to have it professionally done but how hard can it be? Is it a good idea to try and do it myself or not? Also if I were to get it done does anyone know the pricing for install and paint. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

-Well since you've got it already, it's generally NOT a good idea to install it yourself.

-Is it painted yet? If not, it's not a good idea to paint it yourself either, unless you want it to look like crap. That is unless you are a pro at it.

-It actually is a straight-forward install unless the pieces come screwed up and doesn't line up right. And unless you're good working with fiberglass, then it'd be better to bring it in.

-Pricing and paint, full kit and install, you're looking at around $900-1.5k. I'm saying this b/c it depends on how well the kit lines up and how much 'extra' work they have to do to get it to line up.

Hope this helps.

How pathetic that someone has the time to post a reply that is entirely unhelpful to anyone or anything.
Thanks for your response.

He only did it because this is the wrong message board to be posting questions about body kits, LED washer nozzles, windshield wiper spoilers, or anything like that. Most of us don't know or don't care about any of that. This is a performance-oriented board.

Originally posted by aya_weiss@May 1 2003, 03:55 PM
How pathetic that someone has the time to post a reply that is entirely unhelpful to anyone or anything.
Thanks for your response.

he's got TONS of time to post (pissedoffsol) :D welcome to his website :lol:

i agree with the first post. dont do it yourself. have a shop do it. especially the painting.

Originally posted by dohcvtec_accord@May 1 2003, 03:59 PM
He only did it because this is the wrong message board to be posting questions about body kits, LED washer nozzles, windshield wiper spoilers, or anything like that. Most of us don't know or don't care about any of that. This is a performance-oriented board.

you forgot the altezza tail ights, neon tail pipes , a fart muffler, and all that other cool guy light stuff. That was some funny shit :kick:

you guys are dicks... dude get it professionally done, that way if something goes sour, you can say ohhh they screwed it up... are you going to mold it or whats the deal, cause if you try molding it yourself, unless you are a pro, which im assuming your not because your asking us this question.. then itll be wavy and look like shit, and i cant count the times ive seen a goofy import rolling around with a body kit unpainted and all the sand marks... gross... remember, if we want domestic idiots off our back, we need to do rice the right way...

my .02

peace

Originally posted by gear@May 6 2003, 07:11 PM
remember, if we want domestic idiots off our back, we need to do rice the right way...

If we want the domestics (or anyone else) off our backs, we need to stay rice-free. That's what this site is here for. :bash: :fr:

It really depends on where you got your kit. If you got one of the copies, better take it to a shop because 90% of the time the kits do not line up so you need to mold it. But if you got it from Ground Design, Veilside, etc, they garuntee 100% fitment. You can put the kit on to its best fit :lol: and just ask them to mold in the lines that dont line up and paint it. Its pretty easy, except the rear.. it gets a tad trickie, but all in all, its like putting together a model toy car.

Originally posted by gear@May 6 2003, 06:11 PM
remember, if we want domestic idiots off our back, we need to do rice the right way...

if u want to get domestics off your back then dont put on cheap ass body kits and put that cash into your motor so you can smoke them!! im not a hater but ricers give real enthusiast a bad name. i feel some kits look ok but have a killer motor to back your shit up!! :fr:

Hey everybody, guess what? I JUST GOT A GSR MOTOR FOR $50!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! But what I'm wondering is what is really wrong with a body kit? If you don't want to hear about it, don't read the thread. I got a GSR and a FULL MUGEN KIT... I guess I'm a :fr: ! But oh well....

Originally posted by Zerosk8r455@May 7 2003, 04:38 PM
I jus' bot altezzas fur my car. How'd i put em on der? Shood i have it profeshunly done?

altezzas? ya i got em on mah car. they didnt trip on da flowmassers, so why dey tripping on da altezzas?
dey jus fo dekarashuns y0, jus fo dekarashuns.

Originally posted by MugenCRX@May 7 2003, 03:00 PM
If you don't want to hear about it, don't read the thread.

Wrong. The reason people come here is so that we don't have to hear about the body kit/alteeza yo/shopping cart wing shit in the first place. You want answers on rice, go over to Superhonda.

Originally posted by karnash@May 7 2003, 03:03 PM
altezzas? ya i got em on mah car. they didnt trip on da flowmassers, so why dey tripping on da altezzas?
dey jus fo dekarashuns y0, jus fo dekarashuns.

Preach on Lil Sis!!

body kits generally suck balls
but if you have one anyway and want to put it on your car
have a professional do it
98% of body kits dont quite fit right (some are more fucked up than others) and need to be fucked with to make them look right
also make sure you have the money to get it painted when you get it put on (or at least primer the whole fuckin car)
seeing a car driving around with an unpainted body kit makes me want to throw something heavy at it

now with all of that said ..... body kits are fucking pointless
they add weight
they usually fuck up the aerodynamics instead of helping them
most look like ass

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back