body repair..need advise

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

truoss

I have several small dents on my civic. I have never done any body work before, but I am thinking about fixing these myself. Firstly, is that a good idea, or is this job harder than I am thinking? Secondly, what kind of materials do I need? The filler, the sand paper, which primer to use...etc. Thanks!

filler with hardner. 10 bucks for the combination at any auto store, don't forget the scrapers and maybe something to mix it on... then you'll need sand paper in like 80, 150, 400 and 1000 grits. after that primer. and if TPP posts what Ithink he's gonna post just leave it primered :)

if the dents are small enough, you can use dent puller and pull them out. its basically a suction cup...LOL. you can also use a plunger to pull the dents also. if the dents are deeperor whatver, use the dent pull and pull the dent out as much as possible. then do the sanding and using body filler. then sand down smooth to match contour of body. repeat as necessary. primer then paint ad you are baically done.

Originally posted by TrailorParkPimp@Dec 27 2003, 01:11 AM
repeat as necessary. primer then paint ad you are baically done.

:blink: :huh: :wtf:

Paint? that fuggin word is NOT in your vocabulary... :squint:

make sure to get some solevent wash to so you can keep the area clean between each step. i've seen good work go to hell in a couple of months because shit underneth the filler/paint

Back