Body Work/Detailing

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

kallmijonx2

Hey all, i live in Illinois. Im planning to install a full body kit and repair some of the minor dings and what not on my 92 integra gs.
Does anyone kno places that do a really good body repair/full body paint job really well for a good cost? Besides Maaco, i was wondering if there are any other places out there. Oh and i have the paint already, lets say i did all the prep work for the car, how much would the paint job cost then. Sorry if this annoys u or what not. Let me kno what u kno. Thanx

ok... 1st for the little repairs... u should do it ur self... seriously its not hard at all...

and 2nd, do u want to repaint the WHOLE car or jsut the panels of the dints/body kit ??

im the the same but i want to paint the whole car and all.. i live in St. charles missouri i think its close to illinois.. so can anyone help us find a place to get a good paint job?

paint

i know a few places that are usually willing to work with people on pricing..... your gonna have to be willing to drive though, i live like 1-1.5 hours away from st charles in illinois.

then drive then and use it on gas when u come back! hahah!! j/p! but yeah how much would it cost to paint my car white cause its balck right now? and do they the engine bay and shit? can someone give me and estimate and i have dings a few rust and a dent!!

every case is individual, we'd have to see your car in person to give you an estimate... it's not hard to get an estimate. Just go to your closest body shop (or numerous ones if your feeling zealous enough). It should be between 2500 and 3000 depending on the extent of the rust and the size and location of the dent. If you are reallyserious about getting it done for cheap, then you could try any tech school or college that does body work. You'll have to sign some waivers that pretty much say "If we screw up and it looks too, it's not our fault". So if your looking for an awesome paint job, then i wouldn't suggest this, but if your looking for a mediocre job, then this would be your route. I don't want to diss on every body shop... but 99% of them are scheisters (sp?)... but you get those few honest guys out in the boondocks (aka southern illinois or the stl metro area) who have been doing this for like 5000 years and don't really care about profit anymore. If your serious about getting this done let me know and i can talk to some people i know, and i also know some people in st louis if you don't want to drive (it'll cost a bit more). so just let me know and i can check stuff out.

by the way, i'm an auto collision tech, so if you get some outrageous offers, send me a copy and i can tell you what's bull and what you should really need.

yeah man let me know maybe we can meet up at the arch to check out my car so yeah thanks man!

Back