body work love **PICS*

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ssl2k

yeah so i've been workin on the body of my crx for a long time and as you can see on the other pages ont he site, it was a pain in the ass...anyways im primering it tomororw since it is going to be nice out and yeah it is all done

here are the pixjrors

http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/532608/6

shit i need post some pics of project rice soon that got me wanting to work on iot again

on the 7th page (on my site) i had 2 layers of primer on at that time, i brought the car back into the garage and sanded down those layers w / 220 grit on a DA sander, then used spot putty to fix everything else, allowd that to dry then i snaded all that shit, then i mixed up my last batch of primer (I got 3 layers of primer out of a 1 quart can :) ) well i added a shit load of reducer to make the primer ultra thin, added a layer of super thing primer and that was so smooth that i didn't even touch it w/ any sanding pads other than wehre a fuckin bug flew into it.

now i have a base coat on it and im going to go take some pixj0rs

i dont know if i should clear coat it tonight or not...im pretty damn excited about the whole thing and i dunno....i might and i migh tnot becuase there was a bit of dust that is going to settle in my garage and i dont want the clear coat to have the shitty ass dust all over it. but then again, im going to be doing a float coat on the whole thing so who knows

What did you use to get rid of the gutters? Just body filler? Looks like you also got rid of the side molding on the doors, did you do the same there too, add metal??

I used like 10-12 layers of fiberglass mat on the doors in order to build it up ther eis max 1/4" of filler on there in any one spot, i know it will crack some day but it should hold pretty damn well for atleast a year ( I plan on buying a diff body)

the rain gutters up top i cleaned it down to bare metal then I put a layer of fiberglass resin in there to "seal" against rust and shit like that and then filled it up to the top w/ fiberglass mat and resien and then i topped that off wtih some kitty hair and over that lightweight body fillter.

same thing in the rear quarter panels wehre it was rear ended, fiberglass build up then body filler

oh yeah

i also flatten'ed a crease in the panels with just regualr flat headed body hammer. that made it a bit easier to do the fiberglassing

Originally posted by ssl2k@Sep 2 2004, 11:06 PM
, i brought the car back into the garage and sanded down those layers w / 220 grit on a DA sander,
[post=385539]Quoted post[/post]​

Please tell me you are fucking joking...

Back