bodykits

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

89 hatch

im thinkin of putting a wingswest bodykit on my hatch and was wondering if anybody knows how much itll slow me down in the 1/4 mile. also im not dead set on wingswest kit so if anybody knows of a better kit let me know

If your hatch is slammed, ww kit might look good.

I say, crx get a body kit, hatch keep it stock(maybe some JDM lip if you want)

As far as slowing you down on 1/4, I don't think so.(
unless you're posting 11 sec times)

Also stay with wings west and pay price for polyurethane kit instead of fiberglass(its total trash)

my hatch is not lowered so not problem there the reason im putting a kit on is to cover the rust on whats left of my quater pannel (its cheaper than replacing the pannel believe it or not) thanks for the help

that rust will eventually get worse and spread.. you're better off fixing it instead of trying to cover it up

well hears my plans fill the holes with body foam then bonbo them primer and spray paint it then put the kit on in im not trying to win a beauty contest im just tried of looking at the rust

Here's the thing about rust, there is a reason it's nicknamed cancer, if you don't cut ALL of it out and patch it it's just going to spread.
'rust converters" DON"T WORK
just sanding it down the best you can and primering it works SOMETIMES, but it is rare that it won't come back
"sealer pprimer, rust inhibitor, jb weld, bondo, rustoleum, naval jelly" none of it works, you must cut 100% of it out, weld in new metal and do it right, that way you will get another 15 years out of it instead of 15 weeks.

^^+2. your gonna be pissed when you put on this kit and then everything starts rusting from underneath.

if your worried about it costing too much it wont. i've got the rear quarter panels if you want them, if you do then send me a pic of your rust so i can make sure to get all of what you need. just send me a pm.

if your willing to go through all that trouble with foam and bond and shit then this will be better.

Also, like invisible said, it doesn't cost that much, I live in NY state and they use salt on the roads here, so finding a civic or integra without the rear quarters and the rockers rusting is impossible (unless it's an out of state car or it's been very well taken cae of) Either way, for every car that I have had done it costs about $250 per side to get it done and in primer, and it's cheaper if you bring your own sheet metal, that way you don't have to pay he extra labor for fabricating the quarter.
500 bucks for a car that isn't going to rust again for 10 or more years seems alot better than a 700 urethane body kit that is just going to fall off because it had nothing to hold onto anymore, or a 300 fiberglass kit that is just going to crack and break during daily driving.

Bescides, I don't lke the way EF hatches look with anything more than a lip kit, but that's just my opinion.

Bro, save money from the kit and lower your civic.

Then fix all that rust. (or fix rust then lower it.)

You don't want to mob around 4x4 style with a kit.

Don't spend money on a kit to cover it up. Listen to what people are posting they have more experience with rust. If its a problem, then cut it off.

ok ok I guess Ill take all the advice and fix it right the first time thank everybody

and find a can of weldable primer. (its primer that you can weld over and it wont hurt your weld) this would be a great thing to have bc after you cut all of the rust off you can prime the bare metal before you weld. this will help to keep it from rusting from underneath later.

just a suggestion

Back