bodywork

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

bigdaddyIII

this guy that just started at my work is in the process of opening a body shop with his brother in law. he's only gonna be at work till the shop takes off...hmm.....

so.....

i talk to this guy and convince him to do the LxR in exchange for ad and design work for the shop! im havin the trim channels filled, the dents and rust fixed, and an aircraft filler door flushed in. semi gloss black metallic, y0! should be sometime in the next month.

after i see the work, ill let you know. we can meet up and ill have you take a look.

I'm just teasin..the cord is my 50$ beater till the civ's swapped[please next week,please next week] but I would love to see it and I need to meet ya anyways..too bad its a sheet of ice tonight,I got nothing to do.

but come to think of it I will be getting a new front bumper he could paint for me on the civ,I'll pay of course.

Originally posted by xyswany@Feb 7 2004, 01:35 AM
words of advice: DO NOT fill the drip rails.

:shrug2:

i filled the rain channels on my mirage.... did a shitty job but it will all get taken care of next month.

:concur:

Unless he uses a flexible seam sealer. It won't look quite as nice, but at least it won't crack out.

BTW, good score. :thumbsup:

It's a little more expensive for the seam sealer, but that's what the manufacturers use. I'd use silicone if I didn't give a shit. My only worry would be paint sticking to it for the long term. Filled seams are usually right at eye level, and cracking sucks.

uh yea.

the molding was falling off and shit. when the car gets painted next month, ill take care to clean it up and im adding a black plastic strip to the top of it.

oh i thought you were literally filling in the channel with silicone caulk and you were going to try and attempt to paint it and i was about to slap you

Originally posted by xyswany@Feb 7 2004, 02:09 PM
oh i thought you were literally filling in the channel with silicone caulk and you were going to try and attempt to paint it and i was about to slap you

:bo:

Originally posted by xyswany@Feb 7 2004, 02:09 PM

definately not. like i said it looks like shit now, but ima make it as even as possible and then add a black strip of something over the top to hide it. almost look like stock. :D

Back