bogging at 4500 rpm

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

sil180drifter

i just encounter another problem. until i get it dynoed does anyone have any clue on this subject. currently the fpr is at 45 psi and the fmu plat is the 12:1. today was the first day i actually drove the car to past 3000 rpm (was trying to go to redline) but right when i hit 4500 the car suddenly kinda surges not real big surges but small kinda bogging. im thinking its the fmu raising my fp even higher then 45psi and thats why its bogging but the thing that confuses me is that i get full boost at 3000-3500 wouldnt it bogg then. oh another thing is that i set the plug gap at .035 just a tad bit wider then stock should i set it wider. if anyone know shed some light.

thanks that helped out alot it doesnt bogg anymore but i know that im still running way to rich got to get it tuned soon.

werd. if you have a vafc, and you KNOW you are running rich, drop it down 1-2% across the range in the meantime. just don't go too much and lean out

the thing about the vafc is that when you lower it too much it advances the timing on the car so im at like only at -10% and on the fmu i swithced the plates to the 8:1 and also turned down the fuel pressure to like 29. it still running rich cause my afr gauge is at the rich zone( not the fucked up autometer one) and i can smell gas , on top of that im only doing like 15 - 20 mph. i dont really want to go way to lean so im thinking about keeping it this way until i have a real prfessional look at it on the dyno with a lamda meter.

how so? a VAFC has zero control over timing.

Back