Bogging under load

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

91CRXSI

First i suck at spelling, bear with me, I was wandering if anyone could give me an idea or ever heard of this in a lude. The car is fine at idle, it is also ok when you gradually accelerate, but when you gas it and put it under load it starts bogging and missing. The compression and the cam timing are ok. Any help is greatly appriciated

I'm actually having the same problem, but only once the engine warms up. I was wondering what would cause this. NO codes are being thrown and all new sensors.

Same here no codes, when did it start doing it for you, first drive of the day or a long ride?

Originally posted by SClude@Mar 5 2005, 07:56 PM
I'm actually having the same problem, but only once the engine warms up. I was wondering what would cause this. NO codes are being thrown and all new sensors.
[post=469720]Quoted post[/post]​

Have you checked the distributor? I had a similar problem when the engine warmed up....the spring inside the distributor cap was getting worn out, when it would get warm it would fail to do its job.

Yeah turns out when I was working on it I had retarded the ignition timing. one of the last things I thought to look at. once I fixed that it worked great.

Back