Bolt Ons before LS/VTEC?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Circuit

I decided to wait a bit before I build my LS/VTEC engine so I can learn more about it... but I have all this money I wanna put into it... any sugguestons on any simple bolt ons I can do before I pull that off? can I do headers, exhaust, CAI, anything else... :unsure: :unsure: :unsure: :unsure:

dude, you might want to give us info on your car, motor, money, intentions, etc., etc., if you want to learn more about lsvtec read the faq. there is a 4 page article telling you EVERYTHING about the swap.

I am going to assume that you have a B series engine in there already.

If you have an LS in your car you can get a new header, new clutch, flywheel, transmission, and intake.

If you have a B16 in your car you can do everything listed (except you won't need to change your tranny) plus intake manifold and throttle body.

In both cases you could get a Hondata or some other method for tuning fuel and ignition curves.

Originally posted by get_nick@Oct 16 2003, 04:55 AM
dude, you might want to give us info on your car, motor, money, intentions, etc., etc., if you want to learn more about lsvtec read the faq. there is a 4 page article telling you EVERYTHING about the swap.

I did read it... however, half of those words have no meaning to me rofl

I'm new into the engine building thing and I have a 94 Integra LS :(

I think I'm going to start off by doing intake, headers, exhaust... right now I'm looking at AEM cold air intake, DC headers, and Greddy exhaust... what do ya guys think? Also, when I put the turbo on, will I need to replace the headers with a turbo manifold?

yep, you will have to replace everything like the exhaust manifold and intake. plus you are going to need all the vtec stuff. i would say just build the ls and save for your turbo. the ls is a great motor for turbo. with a lot of boost you don't need vtec.

If you decide you want to boost the engine then you will replace the exhaust manifold with the the turbo manifold, the turbo, and the downpipe. If you have no experience working on engines this may not be the best build for you to consider.

Back