bolts wanted

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

rkwoos12

hey guys im looking for b16a timing belt cover bolts. just need the two longer bolts for the upper timing belt cover but if you have all of the bolts thats even better. let me know what you got thanks.

you cant run to the hardware store for them. they are cylindrical and you really need to use the stock bolts because the timing belt can shift out of place and rub on your crank pulley or prematurely wear your timing belt. best bet is to go to honda and order the bolts. here are some part numbers

for the shorter one
90007-679-000

for the longer one
90010-PR3-000

interesting... i've seen plenty of B series hondas not using timing covers and i could also get away with it on my mirage.

yea, i mean you can get rid of the timing cover all together. but having it there and not having the cylinder on the bolts as a guide for the cover will result in about a quarter inch of give in either direction. my buddy had to change his timing belt three times and he didnt know why they kept fraying the way they were. it was because the bolts he was using were not the right bolts and the timing cover kept shifting to one side and wearing on the belt. i dont know how he didnt hear the scraping of it, but yea.

i notice in my pictures that on my timing covers i have metal cylinders molded into them.

uhh thats my point. the cylinders are there so the cover doesnt shift the either side.

bottom line is just use oem bolts on it or just dont use it at all.:bash:

wanted add guys not a talk thread lol i just need these too bolts cause i want to install a timing belt cover back on my b16 i think it looks better but thats just me. any one got any of the bolts laying around spare or some u didnt use?

Back