Bomz seats on eBay...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Yeah, if you want something cheaper, get used OEM seats. I'm not kidding when I say that you could get completely screwed in a crash with super cheap egh3y seats. (Spending $$ > death, at least in my book)

Originally posted by pauls81sc+May 31 2005, 10:41 PM-->
Right on, brothers......but some of you werent listenin when I said I didnt want to shell out 400+ bills for new buckets.

formby, Slammed89Teg & blueSi thanks for the firsthand experiences, only ones that count in my book. :worthy: :blink:

vtecpower & sluggishbox thanks for the tips...might be some options there

these seats are listed MSRP at 400 a pair

OR reupholster the oems for about 350 a pair

OR maybe I could go down to pickapart and get old ones for 29.99 :lol:

(I'm resisting the urge to slam some of you for stupid comments....
you know who you are) :unsure:
[post=505974]Quoted post[/post]​

Stupid comments?

If you can reupholster your OE seats for only 350 I'd do that. Or get some Del Sol seats, those are about the best readily available and cost effective solution.

Originally posted by pauls81sc@Jun 1 2005, 11:27 AM
civicious
@Jun 1 2005, 10:53 AM
I bought a cheapo set of seats off Ebay a while back. They felt like they were upholstered with foam. Cheap as shit. I sold them.

Ebay seats = garbage.
[post=506168]Quoted post[/post]​

Who made those seats? Not Bomz I assume.
[post=506192]Quoted post[/post]​

Bomz doesn't MAKE seats. They buy seats from suppliers in China and stitch their logo on them. Just about all the companies on ebay get their seats from the same place, and either have a custom logo stitched on them or leave them blank. That's why they sell them under names like "RECARDO RACING SEATS" or "EVO STYLE ASSHURTERS" or something. They're not comfortable, they're not durable, and they're not safe. Probably about the best "cheap seat" you can get are Tenzo-R. I've had ebay specials and I've had tenzo-r's, and the tenzo ones were volumes better for only 150 or so more.

IMO, if you're not willing to fork over at least 350 per seat, you should keep to OEM. There's a reason that seats cost that much. Actual dollars went into designing the seat to hold up in an accident and under stress. There's a reason why those ebay china specials are so cheap - they're made by children in china working for pennies a day. They don't carry any guarantees, warrantees, or certifications that they will hold up in a crash. Their "R&D" department just buys one each of everyone's seat and reproduces them as cheaply as possible. Do you want your steel seat frame to come apart and gut you like a stinky fish if you crash? No? Then buy OEM or a brand of similar quality whose products are tested and certified safe.

Not to mention, if you ARE in an accident and you or a passenger is injured, if your seats (which are considered vehicle safety equipment) are not OE quality or better they can sometimes deny your claim based on the unsafe condition of your vehicle. This is, of course, if your insurance company is a money-grubbing tightfisted corporate conglomerate. Then again, name an insurance company that's NOT.

Originally posted by pauls81sc+Jun 1 2005, 01:27 PM-->
civicious
@Jun 1 2005, 10:53 AM
I bought a cheapo set of seats off Ebay a while back. They felt like they were upholstered with foam. Cheap as shit. I sold them.

Ebay seats = garbage.
[post=506168]Quoted post[/post]​

Who made those seats? Not Bomz I assume.
[post=506192]Quoted post[/post]​

OH since BOMZ is the GREATEST MAKER OF SEATS EV4R!!!!! Shit, my bad, I didn't realize that if I ain't pimpin' BOMZ, I ain't pimpin' SHIT! Damn! I mean, since all the other ebay companies buy their seats from the SAME DAMN COMPANY in China or Thailand or Taiwan or wherever, and then stitch their logo on them, that makes BOMZ so much SUPERIOR TO THEM! Oh wait...what's that? BOMZ does the same thing? ?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

That's what I thought. Shut the fuck up.

wow civicious...you got issues.

I wasnt pushin bomz..just wandered what brand you bought. go fuck yourself.

Battle pope your point about safety is duly noted....but lets be real....crx is a death trap.

Whoop! CRX is a deathtrap! Might as well take out your seatbelts, impact beams, bumper supports, all but 1 bolt to each of your seats, and loosen the nut holding on your steering wheel. It's already unsafe, right? You can't do anything else to make it any safer, so might as well throw safety totally out the window, right?

My point is, Bomz does NOT make seats. They don't make crappy intakes, crappy cam gears, crappy coilovers, crappy crank pulleys, or crappy fart cans either. What they DO do, however is buy pre-made cheap crap and stamp, embroider, or paint their name on it. I've seen several different brands and styles of Ebay seats IN PERSON, and they are ALL made of the same materials, look to be assembled the same way, and I'd be willing to bet money that the SAME company makes ALL of them. And they're all poorly designed and ultimately unsafe. If you think your CRX is a deathtrap already, go ahead and install some half-ass seats. Put your CRX with your poorly engineered, no...not engineered AT ALL seats right next to a CRX with OEM seats, and smash both into an oncoming car at 55mph and see who comes out looking better. If you particularly want to put your life and your friends' and childrens' lives at risk, go right ahead.

What you're doing is EXACLTY the same thing Brian was doing with the DropZone coilovers, you're coming on here looking for everyone's opinion on an inferior product, that you ALREADY know is crap, and everyone ELSE already knows it's crap, but you don't want to ADMIT that it's crap because you're too much of a cheapass to buy a REAL pair of seats...then when someone tells you the truth, that it is, in fact, CRAP, you get all pissy. Here's a cut-and-dried, straightforward answer for you:

Bomz seats are no different than any other $300 or less seats on Ebay. They're going to wear out quickly, fade, deteriorate, and separate at the seams. They're poorly engineered (if engineered at all), and more than likely will not meet U.S. crash/safety specs. And they're UNSAFE.

Now, if you're willing to overlook all that, go ahead and buy them. If the only reason you want new seats is because your stockers are worn out, go to Wal-Mart and buy some $14 seat covers. If you want to have cool-looking seats that are actually SAFE, work overtime at McDonald's for a few weeks and get a set of Sparcos or Corbeaus. If you just want to have black/yellow seats in your car that everyone can make fun of, go ahead and get the Bomz. Be sure and let us know how they're holding up in another year.

edit: You're 34 and you've got 'fuh shizzle mah nizzle' under your avatar? Wow...society left you behind long ago, pal.

god bless the first amendment that protects forums like this one and allows fucktards like you to expose themselves to the world.

4900+ posts...and I'll bet they were all as insightful as your last

you shouldnt even use the word safety and crx in the same sentence. its gotta be one of the most unsafe cars ever made....ever notice how the shoulder and lap belt both attach to the door...a lot of fuckin good any seat is going to do you in a collision when the doors pop open...theres nothing even holding you inside the vehicle....car had to get one of the lowest crash safety ratings ever....the friggin thing is all plastic and aluminum.....probably not 500 pounds of steel in the whole fuckin car....better face it if you drive one of these things youre just one suv-drivin-soccer-mom-on-her-cellphone away from pushin up daisies....recaro seats or china-made seats....indisputable.

and the only one around here thats "pissy" is you. I asked a simple question about the cheap seats you bought off ebay since you didnt say they were bomz I was "assuming they were not bomz" just a simple observation and you go off on some sarcastic tirade and tell ME to shut the fuck up?!?!

so one more time for mr civicious: GO FUCK YOUSELF

Originally posted by Calesta+Jun 1 2005, 05:15 AM-->
Originally posted by Battle Pope@May 31 2005, 08:58 PM
VTECPOWER
@May 31 2005, 07:18 PM
Not to thread jack but what is the difference between a 88 and a 89 crx seat bracket?
[post=505860]Quoted post[/post]​

The 88 floorpan is different. Mounting locations aren't the same.
[post=505881]Quoted post[/post]​

:werd:
[post=505932]Quoted post[/post]​

Wait a minute, I thought the redesign was between 89 and 90 :blink:

Anyway, on to this thread.

Both of you kids chill, no need for a pissing contest over fucking Ebay seats, and CRX safety. I am siding on a CRX being safe to a degree since it still had to pass crash test, and adhere to safety regulations. I am also going to side with cheap seats are a get what you pay for deal. Corbeaus are about as inexpensive as you can go, and get a GREAT seat, Sparcos, depending on which ones, are a close second because I think the Corbeaus outshine them in qualitiy, but will not detract that they are a good seat. If you want a cheap good seat pick up some CRX Si's, or DelSol seats, should be able to find both for under $200 easily. Of course after the rambling here I forgot what model you have so maybe you have an Si, in that case, just get them recovered.

i would have to agree with civicious because the seats suck....but if you do buy them...be prepared to buy new ones in 6-12 months depending on wear........my rex came with no seats and the bolt holes rusted off...so i needed something asap.....and i dont drive my car everyday...just save your money or buy the blackones... if you have to

Back