Bone Stock 1990 CRX HF Build

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

i say head swap...not too fond of going for bigg power if ur on a budget and don want both of them off the road

i have a 1.5 in my crx stock with a few mods and its a pretty good motor strong one at that especially for being a sohc. i like it but im seeking for more i guess thats how it works

throwing a z6 head, y8 intake manifold, and converting to obd-1 with a p28 a k&n drop in filter, and a header back exahust system will probably cost you about $700 at the very most.

he owns a GSX-R. this is his girlfriends ride. what i recommend is browsing your local craigslist every day until you come across a cheap D16A6. people swap them out all the time, and depending on where you live, you can pick up a mechanically sound one for under $500 for the engine and trans. will save you the tearing down/rebuilding part of your build, and literally everything on your engine will transfer right over to the D16A6. she should be pleased with the A6, it's practically doubling the power of the HF.

My rex had the a6. I loved that motor, and never should have touched it. If you can pick that and an si tranny for relatively cheap, I'd say go that way.

the SI tranny with the a6 is also a good way to go. she will love the shorter gears but the gas mileage will go down a little bit. Not much but then again it is a crx. We are talking from like 40 mpg to like 37 mpg if that.

Back