1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Boobies

Discussion in 'General Tech and Maintenance' started by ryangt, Jan 8, 2005.

1. ryangt

ryangt Senior Member

ok heres my prob. 90 hf crx bone ass stock. d15b6 with hf trans.

In neutral theres a loud noise in the engine compartment, when i push the clutch pedal in, the noise goes away. Everyone and their mother agreed that it sounded like a throwout bearing. SO i spent 7 days taking out my transmission in the rain, replaced the bearing with a new honda one, replaced the clutch and cover. got her all back together and now its making the same exact freakin noise.
    im beyond pissed at the car right now, i beat the shit outta one of the fenders but it was already fuked up so no bigggy
    please someone help me out before i just sell this damn car, I was thinkin maybe a new trans is in order but im hoping its just something simple since the car runs fantastic.

thanks in advance guys

2. ryangt

ryangt Senior Member

or does anyone have a good trans in socal they could sell me?

3. friz

friz Senior Member

A throw out bearing makes noise when the clutch is depressed.

4. hcivic.com

hcivic.com Senior Member

have you check to see if the the fly whell was tight? the cover plate?

5. ryangt

ryangt Senior Member

everything was really tight, i triple checked everything in there before i closed it up. Are you sure the throwout makes noise when the clutch is DEPRESSED? everyone here says itll make noise with the clutch out. hmm this things really racking my brain please help me come up with a plan of action here, i need to get this car back up soon

thanks again guys

6. driver1

driver1 Senior Member

throwout bearing will make noise when the clutch is NOT depressed...and generally will stop when the cltuch is depressed

7. ryangt

ryangt Senior Member

yeah thats what its doing itll only make noise when the clutch pedal inst depressed, and its sittin in neutral? i already replaced the throwout tho so im not sure where to go

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted