BOooooooooooo

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.

asmallsol

Super Moderator
Boooooooooooooooooo. :fr:

:locked: this entire forum.

It takes away from what HS really is. :rant:

in the case of someone like me who needs both front quarter panels and hood and front and rear bumper on my hatch, i could understand a body kit if it's cheaper and lighter than o.e. parts. Other than that yeah it's a waste of money and most of them are ugly.

Originally posted by asmallsol@Jul 1 2003, 09:17 AM
It takes away from what HS really is. :rant:

yes, but it keeps all the bullshit posts that we can't get rid of out of our tech forums.

if you dont like it- don't come in here. its as simple as that.

Well, its only a small part of honda swap. Oh and if nobody here really likes bodykits, then why does the main page of http://www.hondaswap.com have a kitted del sol in the top left corner? I'm sure a old lady stock looking one would look much more appealing... right?

That it would, but if you look, the sol is also boosted. That dosen't give an excuse for the bodykit, it simply counteracts the rice effect--unless it's a D16Z6, in that case, screw that pos.

Edit : congrats on the deflowering of this forum, Colin :p

i nailed a deer and i replaced my body parts with oem parts used of corse. i felt no need for a body kit... plus this is my everyday car and i live in mn so body kit wont fly up here

dude you guys need to lose the PMS about body mods, it's really getting pretty old. People (including me) like they car to look good, and unique. I like modest exterior mods, but I don't go around telling everyone with a body kit that their car is a piece of shit. I've seen cars with body kits that all you "performance only" folks couldn't even hope to roll with - and the car tuns more heads too. IMO the best option is balance between aesthetic and performance modification. If you go too far to either side, you end up with something less desirable. Go all show and your a ricer, go all go and you have an ugly car that goes fast. If I wanted an ugly car that goes fast, I'd buy a mustang.

Originally posted by liquid00meth@Jul 1 2003, 11:52 AM
dude you guys need to lose the PMS about body mods, it's really getting pretty old. People (including me) like they car to look good, and unique. I like modest exterior mods, but I don't go around telling everyone with a body kit that their car is a piece of shit. I've seen cars with body kits that all you "performance only" folks couldn't even hope to roll with - and the car tuns more heads too. IMO the best option is balance between aesthetic and performance modification. If you go too far to either side, you end up with something less desirable. Go all show and your a ricer, go all go and you have an ugly car that goes fast. If I wanted an ugly car that goes fast, I'd buy a mustang.

:werd:

I respect the time and effort put under the hood of a car as well as the time and work put into the looks of a car. You shouldn't bash anyone for wanting a bodykit. Thats their thing, not yours.

good idea! Your right (asmallsol)it does "take away" from what this site is really is for. BUT, now all the shit will be hearded into a controlled area away from the rest of of non ricers. Thus effectively placing all ricers on hondaswap in "E-jail" great idea.

Body mods are cool as long as they arent like sper duper bug mouth body kit or shit like that. i think slight body kits and painted carbon fiber hoods are acceptable. maybe this thread should be re-named. all show no go.

Originally posted by Afipunk21@Jul 1 2003, 11:02 AM
That it would, but if you look, the sol is also boosted. That dosen't give an excuse for the bodykit, it simply counteracts the rice effect--unless it's a D16Z6, in that case, screw that pos.

Edit : congrats on the deflowering of this forum, Colin :p

not boosted . . . just photoshopped :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back